PDA

View Full Version : On bandsaw fences and such

Wild Dingo
16th June 2006, 10:47 PM
Okay so there I am at the nice 18in bandysaw out in the shed... cant do much just now during recouperation period must refrain from dust adventures :( got told tonight that I am strictly forbidden to open the dust bag and stick my head in there as is my usual thing when banned from using the tools!!... The indignity of it all the little tiny missus tellin me that :o ... flamin mongrel phnewmoania and plurisy :mad

ANYWAYS!!! There I was just checkin her out... and then I saw what had been my other problem since Id started usin her a few months ago... other than the insert that is which was too friggin small and so I made a zero clearance one and solvered that problem easy as and did one for the table saw while I was at it :cool:... no this one was the fence... tiny little thing it is!! so Ive now decided to bodgey one of the others to fit the bandsaw... not sure how to go about it yet still in the cogitation stage got a couple to choose from will need to cut them and the rails down a fair bit I suspect but should be doable

Other thing I have been doing of late is tryin to sort a resaw sled out so I can cut planks out of those logs in the humpyhoochy... so to that end Ive cut (before I got crook that is) and joined two 9in wide x 5ft long 1in thick ply boards added 6 x 9in x 8in inserts and have now got to make some long thin strips to fit the thin slot in the table... been tryin to figure should I make a table surrond to make the table bigger or just make some sort of hook affair to keep the sled in place while in use? ideas are good about now fellas!

Okay... Another thing Im thinkin seriously of doing is making a infeed outfeed table attached to the bandsaw any ideas on how one would do this would be excellent... seems to my drug fuddled brain just now that someone has done this alread a fold down setup?

Cheers!

note... there was something else I wanted to ask about but Im buggared if I can remember what it was!! :rolleyes:

TTIT
17th June 2006, 12:36 AM
Have a go at mine Dingo :) http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=29656

Wild Dingo
17th June 2006, 04:13 PM
Ive just asked a bunch of questions there TTIT... cheers! :cool: