PDA

View Full Version : Resaw rig reused and recycled....

TTIT
17th June 2006, 01:01 AM
Just finished the stand for my lovely new thicknesser.:) Everything except the castors and paint is recycled. The steel is from Honda 4-wheeler crates and the MDF from packer sheets the cabinet makers throw out. I will replace the castors with 'braked' types when funds permit but the 'toys' budget is wiped out on the thicknesser for now.:o The roller stands are adapted from my bandsaw resaw rig (see thread (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=29656)). If I don't fill the space underneath with wood, I want to setup a vacuum to catch the shavings but that can wait - just want to play with making some boards for now.:D

Simomatra
17th June 2006, 09:17 AM
Well done again.

Your shed must be looking pretty professional now.

Looks as if you have plenty of timber to play with.

Nice work green sent

bpj1968
18th June 2006, 12:17 PM
Nice work again.

I love your use of yellow, gives it that clean purposeful look.

For dust extraction your thicknesser looks very similar to that GMC $199 that fits the Hare and Forbes dust extractor hood. It amazes me how a thicknesser can turn a little board into so much sawdust that a vacumum would never cope with. I thought of somehow mounting a broom above the outfeed table to sweep the board as it comes out

TTIT
18th June 2006, 11:54 PM
I love your use of yellow, gives it that clean purposeful look.

The yellow paint actually does have a purpose! :o My specs leave me with a fairly narrow field of vision (in focus at least!) so the yellow paint for extremities on my systems saves a lot of stubbed toes and bruised hips when everything is so close together. "Steel cap boots???" I hear them ask ???? I live in QLD - - Japanese engineering boots only thanks!:eek::eek::eek: