PDA

View Full Version : MK3 table top issues

Ingin
17th June 2006, 02:43 PM
I have used my MK3 for too many years to remember and for most applications it has been great.
Two things bug and I wondered if any other fellow users have a solution please.
1. The fence is very , VERY basic and I find that getting it squared off to the blade quite a effort as the ruler guides front and rear are a good 2 mm below the fence, thus making alignment a bit hit and miss. Any suggestions.
2. I have the Triton Mitre attachment and while again it is basically ok, nothing can replace using the saw mitre by laying it over (as they do in table saws). Problem, the MK3 does not allow this to happen. Has anyone modified thier table top with an insert timber fillet (again like a table saw) to allow this?
I look forward to any suggestions
Ingin

martrix
17th June 2006, 02:57 PM
2. I have the Triton Mitre attachment and while again it is basically ok, nothing can replace using the saw mitre by laying it over (as they do in table saws). Problem, the MK3 does not allow this to happen. Has anyone modified thier table top with an insert timber fillet (again like a table saw) to allow this?
I look forward to any suggestions
Ingin

Hi Inging,
I have modified my table to allow tilting of the saw, only for a 7" Makita saw...As there is a cut-out in the table, I didn't make a zero clearance insert, I would just slide in a sheet of 3mm MDF, kind of like a false table top..doesn't matter to me any more because I am selling it to upgrade..you can check it out here http://i7.ebayimg.com/03/i/07/69/9a/4c_2.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4470184318&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1#ebayphotohosting)

Stuart
17th June 2006, 04:59 PM
I've tried the same in the past. Successfully, but highly inadvisable because you can have no guarding.

You would be better off making a sled that can handle the very low angles required (up to where the bevel ripping guide takes over).

TritonJapan
17th June 2006, 06:56 PM
Matrix,

Just had a look at the link you posted. Was able to get sound but not motion for the video.

Not sure if problem is at my end or yours, you may want to check it.

Steve

martrix
17th June 2006, 07:43 PM
Matrix,

Just had a look at the link you posted. Was able to get sound but not motion for the video.

Not sure if problem is at my end or yours, you may want to check it.

Steve

Hi Steve, yes I discovered that problem after the listing was done, and you can't change it once someone has made a bid.

Next time, I will make a note of what peolpe need to have, in order to view the video.

To view the video you need the updated 'Macromedia flashplayer 8' which you can download for free here (http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash), just un-tick the box where it ask's you if you also want the Yahoo toolbar.

TritonJapan
17th June 2006, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the link Matrix.

Had a look a the video.

Why did you go for a half sled over a full sled? Something to do with your bevel cut modification?

Good to see your use of video increasing.

Steve

martrix
17th June 2006, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the link Matrix.

Had a look a the video.

Why did you go for a half sled over a full sled? Something to do with your bevel cut modification?

Good to see your use of video increasing.

Steve

Hi, by 'half sled', do you mean having the sled on only one side of the blade?