PDA

View Full Version : rare earth magnets

nine fingers
18th June 2006, 08:24 PM
can any member tell me where i can purchase rare earth magnets in australia . i need them for some small timber framed glass doors .
nine fingers.

Sir Stinkalot
18th June 2006, 08:36 PM
Nine Fingers ....
I have ordered off this company before and had no problems. Goods arrived within 2 days.

http://www.aussiemagnets.com.au/home.html

Stinky

Bodgy
18th June 2006, 08:41 PM
Computer hard drives contain rare earth magnets, I always scavenge old ones. Otherwise like Stinky says, good company if rather expensive. IE the magnetic tool bars are cheaper at Carbatec and the other usual suspects than at Oz Magnets.

jacko
18th June 2006, 09:39 PM
Here is another source
http://www.magneticforce.com.au/

Lumber Bunker
18th June 2006, 10:03 PM
We have them. Although they are not on our web site you can call and we will post them out. We have - 3,4,5,6 and 20mm magnets. They are super strong! and are $0.65, $0.70, $0.75, $0.79, $3.00. (i'm not sure that we are allowed to post the 20mm one they are too strong, might attach to another parcel! and end up in spain? but we can via TNT)

Regards,
Steven Thomas
The Lumber Bunker
www.lumberbunker.com.au

Greg Q
18th June 2006, 10:17 PM
I got a bunch on ebay last year, great price and quality. I just checked-there are a lot of them listed at the moment.

Greg

Slow6
18th June 2006, 10:21 PM
Nine Fingers ....
I have ordered off this company before and had no problems. Goods arrived within 2 days.

http://www.aussiemagnets.com.au/home.html

Stinky

seconded.. I paid them a visit and will order from them in the future, big range of sizes and good quality magnets.. I bought by the hundred and they worked out very cheap.

nine fingers
18th June 2006, 10:57 PM
Thanks to Sir stinkalot and slow6 ,ordered them from aussie magnets.
Stinky you might see them at the Barwon Valley Woodwrights expo ,Nov 4 & 5.
hope to catch up with you then
NineFingers.

Sir Stinkalot
18th June 2006, 11:26 PM
Looking forward to it Nine Fingers ..... just don't get surprised when somebody comes up to you an introduces themselves as Stinky.

Are you making another table for the raffle?

nine fingers
20th June 2006, 09:52 PM
ordered them from Aussie magnets, sunday 9.39pm ,arrived today wednesday morning. Great service and price.
Stinky I have made another hall table for our club raffle,not up to last years effort as I have other time consuming projects on the go,------- wooden geared clocks.
meet you in november Nine Fingers

Sir Stinkalot
20th June 2006, 10:06 PM
Nine Fingers ...... today is Tuesday so the service is even quicker :D

I think I have seen the clocks at the combined meeting night a few months ago ...... see you at the show. :D

Bodgy
21st June 2006, 10:26 AM
Another source of neomydium (rare earth) magnets, a guy called FrenergyMagnets on Oz Ebay.

Prices are substantially better than the other sources.

I bought two lots yesterday, so we'll see how the service and quality is, when and if, they arrive