PDA

View Full Version : The Workbench Book

Bodgy
19th June 2006, 10:06 PM
Just started 'The Workbench Book' by Scott Landis. (I love Kuringai Council Library - may the rest of the Council rot in Hell, with everlasting torment, demons, agony etc, etc)

What a great book. Did anyone see the Shaker workbench on the cover? More like 3rd world accomodation than a bench. I've got to have one!

Wish I'd read this before making my bench.

knucklehead
19th June 2006, 10:28 PM
I did buy this book before starting my work bench.
The problem with that is building a bench becomes rocket science.:D

But seriously it is a really great book. My copy is only 18 months old and is already suffering from dog ears and quite a bit of saw dust between the pages. As good a reference as I can offer.
I have used many of the techniques and ideas on other projects i.e tables and bench seats.

silentC
20th June 2006, 09:49 AM
Yes I pick it up and flick through it every so often. I'd like to make the traditional European one (Franz Klaus I think) but that big Shaker one would be impressive!

Iain
20th June 2006, 10:35 AM
I love Kuringai Council Library - may the rest of the Council rot in Hell, with everlasting torment, demons, agony etc, etc.
Am I correct in assuming you don't like them?:D

Bodgy
20th June 2006, 10:42 AM
Am I correct in assuming you don't like them?:D

Not a lot, no.

Bluegum
20th June 2006, 01:04 PM
Might have to hit the local library here for a squiz. I can borrow most of the tourdon woodworking DVD's from them so it will be worth asking them.