PDA

View Full Version : Rocking Horse Accessories

Michael Q
20th June 2006, 10:16 AM
I am making an Anthony Dew Rocking horse and need help in obtaining the accessories. Last time I made one was 1998 and obtained the accessories from D Colvin in NSW but cannot find him now.
Michael Q

rodp
20th June 2006, 01:44 PM
Theres a bloke in toowoomba queensland. I will find his address if your interested, its a home somewhere.
rod

Sprog
21st June 2006, 01:49 AM
Or buy them direct

http://www.rockinghorse.co.uk/

Chesand
21st June 2006, 07:45 AM
There are 2 or 3 people who advertise rocking horse accessories in the back pages of Aust Woodworker/Aust Wood Review.
They might have what you require

Wongo
21st June 2006, 10:11 AM
How do you want your rocking horse to look? The accessories will make an important part of how good it looks. Don’t bother with the small players locally. Go for the best you can get and anthony Dew is the best. It will cost you a lot more with the tax and freight but you will finish with a beautiful rocking horse that will last many many generations.

Listen to Sprong buy directly from them.

Tools
27th June 2006, 08:10 PM
There is a guy in SA that sells all that sort of gear.He runs courses in woodworking and specifically in making rocking horses.I think it is called the woodworkers barn ,or something similar.

Tools

Wongo
27th June 2006, 11:58 PM
Michael Mason, the Woodcarvers haven??

They are no where as good and probably not much cheaper anyway.

Rodneyaf
17th October 2007, 10:17 PM
Doug is still around and if PM me I can give you his ph number.

Hardenfast
19th October 2007, 10:56 AM
The best Rocking Horse maker in Australia is Bill Lowe of Grandfa's Rocking Horses, although he's getting a little old now. I should mention that he's my wife's father and has been a great source of knowledge & inspiration to me for many years. He's been a professional wood carver for most of his life and his works have been included in many corporate collections.

I should also add that he's a cantankerous old bastard who would probably not respond to queries as to his supply sources etc, but I may be able to help you in this regard.

What were you specifically after? I can get access to genuine hair for manes & tails, leatherworks & miniature saddles, swing bars, heads/bodies/stands etc. Let me know.

Here's a link to Grandfa's website to check out his works:

http://www.cyberflexsoftware.com/grandfa/horses.htm

Wayne

chris351
23rd October 2008, 10:37 AM
Doug is still around and if PM me I can give you his ph number.
Hi Rodney my name is Chris. I have been told that Doug Colvin is the person I should talk to about getting parts for a Roebuck Rocking Horse. Can you help me with a phone Number.

Regards Chris

chris351
12th November 2008, 10:03 AM
Hi Rodney my name is Chris. I have been told that Doug Colvin is the person I should talk to about getting parts for a Roebuck Rocking Horse. Can you help me with a phone Number.

Regards Chris
Thank you I found him.:)