PDA

View Full Version : McJing router bits

joseph84
24th June 2006, 01:18 AM
Can anyone reccomend these bits to me? im guessing there chinese but not sure what quality they are? Just wanting some feedback from those who have used them.

cheers

Joseph:)

BobL
24th June 2006, 03:09 AM
Can anyone reccomend these bits to me? im guessing there chinese but not sure what quality they are? Just wanting some feedback from those who have used them.

cheers

Joseph:)

Rocker put me onto McJing and I have bought a couple of 1/4" solid carbide bits. Yes the bits are chinese. I am being very gentle with them - so far have routed some dozen meters of 1/4" slots in Jarrah with one bit and it still appears to be OK. I also bought a few other basic tools - just servicable chinese stuff. I would probably buy again.

inferno6688
24th June 2006, 11:20 AM
i too am curious as to the quality of there bits.

What other brands would they be comparable with?

rodm
24th June 2006, 02:55 PM
McJing buy from the same suppliers as everyone else. I have brought McGing bits and have seen identical bits in Bunnings for roughly the same price.

You get what you pay for and a cheap $12.00 router bit is not the same quality of a CMT $30 router bit. They all have their place and if you are only going to use the bit once or twice then the cheap bit will do the trick.

I have placed about four orders with McGing recently and have found them to be good. If there has been a problem they fix it straight away.

If you are a volume user of Solid Carbide bits then search Ebay and you will be pleasantly surprised. You have to be patient but I got 10 X 1/4 upcut bits from Hong Kong for AU$30 landed. At $3.00 a bit that isn't too bad. :)

joseph84
24th June 2006, 06:34 PM
hmm i think i will stick with CMT. atleast they dont break... yet :D