PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Titebond in Melbourne

Forrest
25th June 2006, 12:46 AM
I'm about to make a jarrah & tassie oak cutting board and have decided to go with Titebond III to glue it up, just wondering if anyone know's any shops that stock it in Melbourne? I tried my local Bunnings & Home Hardware (Eltham) without luck. I know I can order it from Carbatec or Timbecon, but it would be nice to save the $8 postage.
Thanks,

Shane

Wild Dingo
25th June 2006, 01:08 AM
Carbetec :cool: ooops sorry thought Id be quick on the draw :o But truth to tell thats the only place Ive found it and well... sigh :o

eddie the eagle
25th June 2006, 06:02 AM
Hi Shane,

To ask the obvious question, why does it have to be titebond?

Cheers,

eddie

I'm about to make a jarrah & tassie oak cutting board and have decided to go with Titebond III to glue it up, just wondering if anyone know's any shops that stock it in Melbourne? I tried my local Bunnings & Home Hardware (Eltham) without luck. I know I can order it from Carbatec or Timbecon, but it would be nice to save the $8 postage.
Thanks,

Shane

Forrest
25th June 2006, 01:54 PM
Hi Shane,

To ask the obvious question, why does it have to be titebond?

Cheers,

eddie

Hi Eddie, it doesn't necessarily have to be. I did a search through the forums for cutting boards, bread boards etc and titebond seemed to be the most reccomended, plus is seems to be food safe. I'm more than open to suggestions though. :) I have some triton glue, however I read somewhere it doesn't cope too well in water.
Regards,

Shane

Groggy
25th June 2006, 02:28 PM
Get Woodworking in Williamstown sells it too.

Iain
25th June 2006, 03:28 PM
Carbatec is only in Springvale, or there is Woodworkers Warehouse in Braeside, not that far away.
Woodsmith in Croydon may have it.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
25th June 2006, 09:06 PM
Both our local Bunnies and Mitre-10 carry it. Have you tried asking 'em whether they can/will get it in?

Forrest
26th June 2006, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the responses, sounds like I should be able to track some down without too much trouble. Half the reason I was trying to find a local stockist was so I could get it same/next day (hate putting things on hold while wating for an order) Anyway, I appreciate all the assistance.
Cheers,

Shane