PDA

View Full Version : The Female Version of the "The Code of Practice"

RufflyRustic
26th June 2006, 12:44 PM
So, what do we want in the femanised version of "The Code of Practice".:D

All ideas welcome, but please don't go overboard, I wouldn't want this thread ending up Orange, a pretty purple or blue maybe, but not orange.;)

Thanks
Wendy

Two-Words
26th June 2006, 12:56 PM
1. Keep Out !!!

;) :)

Zed
26th June 2006, 12:58 PM
the whiff of lavendar and incsence is acceptable in the shed-ette. (?)

feel free to discount / ignore..

cheers

Wood Butcher
26th June 2006, 01:17 PM
1. The female woodworkers shed is allowed to be neat and tidy at all times if the owner wishes so.

RufflyRustic
26th June 2006, 02:19 PM
Attire:
1. Makeup, perfume, jewellry and 'good' clothes are optional - wear them if you must but prepared to replace/fix/reapply them often
2. Dressing Gowns are welcome, best matching accessories include the coffee cup and slippers

Andy Mac
26th June 2006, 02:35 PM
Good start Wendy!
My two cents worth:

It doesn't matter what colour clothing a visitor wears, as long as it doesn't clash with the Milwaukee/Triton/De Walt (delete inappropriate brand).
"Shed Girl" may opt for no hearing protection within two (2) working days of a visit to the hairdresser.
Male pinup calendars are a fair and equitable replacement for the standard Angelina Jolie version, and if any Blokely visitors object, please follow the Exit signs.:o Maybe that last one will attract some...um, comments:rolleyes: .

Cheers,

Cliff Rogers
26th June 2006, 04:00 PM
There will be a broom
There will be a spare broom
There will be designated & marked off street parking bays for brooms & visitor's brooms. :D

RufflyRustic
26th June 2006, 04:37 PM
:D Great Stuff!!! Keep em coming....

Shed Girl's Shed is Shed Girl's only and will not be shared with the garden stuff or any car stuff whatsoever (unless, of course, that is the main purpose for Shed Girl having a shed in the first place).

Based on Two-Words input: Wanna-be Shed Guys are not welcome to enter Shed Girl's Shed unattended, unless by express invitation or previously-arranged permission. Post Permission Seeking will be dealt with harshly.

If Shed Guy wants to get good with Shed Girl, buy her the appropriate tools, do not ever buy her kitchen stuff or you'll find it stuffed somewhere appropriately uncomfortable.

Termite
26th June 2006, 05:02 PM
Words with the suffix ..thingy are permitted as part of Shed Girl's language. Such as "flattening thingy" (plane), "pencil sharpening thingy" (chisel), "screwing thingy" (screwdriver or husband/boyfriend, hang on be PC, or girlfriend), "thingy thingy" (your guess is as good as mine, but I have heard it).

ptc
26th June 2006, 05:55 PM
My SWMBO takes all manner of tools out of the shed and never
puts them back.!!

Auld Bassoon
26th June 2006, 06:59 PM
So, what do we want in the femanised version of "The Code of Practice".:D

Wendy

All dedicated Shedette's Sheds should have a moat around them - with a bridge over that to get over it :D :D :D :D

Skew ChiDAMN!!
26th June 2006, 07:18 PM
If a blokes' shed and a shedette are in close proximity no tools, fittings, parts of collections or any item that can be moved without use of an engine-hoist/forklift shall be moved from one abode to the other without previously obtained permission, preferably in writing. Blood- or tear-stained documents do not count as permission.

Tikki
26th June 2006, 08:34 PM
No rules in my workshop, everyone welcome ... if you can crack the alarm system code THEN have a key to get in! :D :D

Cheers
Tikki :)

RufflyRustic
27th June 2006, 10:04 AM
Good one Tikki :D

Thanks
Wendy

macca2
27th June 2006, 11:41 AM
All tassels on light shades and ruffly curtains should be kept to a length that will not let them get caught in drills,saws and other moving, whirling thingys.

Driver
27th June 2006, 11:47 AM
Just a suggestion, Wendy (and I admit I have shamelessly lifted this directly from The Code of Practice and just made appropriate Sheila-like amendments):-

9. Shed Attire for Shed Girl

9.1. Colour. Colours and varying combinations thereof are entirely at Shed Girl’s choosing. The following guidelines are provided to help Shed Girl make appropriate choices

9.1.1. It is recommended that the base colour of a given garment shall not vary from its original colour by more than 0.5 degrees of colour temperature or be less than one shade lighter – measured with the aid of a Pantone colour swatch.

9.1.2. Randomly-placed highlights of different shades of paint, glue, varnish, oil, grease, food and drink ingredients etc, will be considered to constitute a Code violation if they are not hit with every proprietary brand of stain remover within 3 (three) minutes of initial contact with Shed Girl’s attire.

[INDENT]9.1.2.1. Alternatively, and as a substitute for proprietary stain removers, Shed Girl can elect to use a potion handed down through the female line of the last seven generations of her family, or
9.1.2.2. A mixture of organic herbs, Guava jelly, wholemeal biscuit crumbs and the essential oils of 9 different sub-species of Andalusian juniper berries (this mixture may not remove the stain but it will make Shed Girl feel better about the environment).

9.1.3. Footy club colours are not acceptable unless Shed Girl can demonstrate precise knowledge of her selected team’s position on the current league ladder and details of the score from their most recent match. Failure to observe this provision shall not constitute a Code violation but it might lead to Shed Girl being subjected to blokely derision from blokes within her circle.

9.1.4. Pink. Pink is not recommended as a base colour for any garment because it is too easily confused with the type of faded red worn by blokes in sheds.

9.1.5. Shed Girl shall commit a Code violation if she does not wear at least one garment in a colour that bears the same name as a variety of fruit.

Toodle Pip!

Col

RufflyRustic
27th June 2006, 12:37 PM
Hmmm............. why does KISS suddenly come to mind .... http://www.ubeaut.biz/thinkerg.gif

Shed Girl's Code of Practice:
Shed Girl can do whatever she wants, when she wants, how she wants, and why she wants, wearing whatever she wants, using whatever she likes, however she likes, just like she does in the house.

TaaaDaaaaa!!!!
http://www.ubeaut.biz/noooooo.gif

Cliff Rogers
27th June 2006, 01:03 PM
Perfect.... so long as you have made a list & stuck it on the fridge or near the phone or in a (now disused) handbag. ;)
Said list will be ignored, forgotten, &/or lost for about 3 weeks & then binned due to it being out of date & a new one has been started somewhere else after 3 minutes of looking for the old one.:D

Maybe 3 minutes is a bit long.... :rolleyes: ...you better make that 3 seconds. :cool:

Wongo
27th June 2006, 02:22 PM
It is all about location location location. The shed should be close to the kitchen and the washing lines.:D

Termite
27th June 2006, 02:37 PM
It is all about location location location. The shed should be close to the kitchen and the washing lines.:D
To steal from "The Life of Brian", Wongo you have Biggus Ballsus to make a statement like that.:D

echnidna
27th June 2006, 03:44 PM
Typical women, :rolleyes:

say a few well chosen words,

and the blokes are all over the place.

Score:

Ladies 1

Men 0

Zed
27th June 2006, 04:24 PM
lets not be sexist gents, Ruffy wants a CoP for the girls. lets oblige her with real feedback. :)

cheers

Wongo
27th June 2006, 04:26 PM
You've changed Zed.

RufflyRustic
27th June 2006, 04:31 PM

Perfect for grabbing that coffee or snack, some baking paper to do some glueing and for hanging up items that have just had their finish applied and need to dry without anything touching them :D

Ladies 2
Gents 0

;)

Driver
27th June 2006, 04:53 PM
Perfect for grabbing that coffee or snack, some baking paper to do some glueing and for hanging up items that have just had their finish applied and need to dry without anything touching them :D

Ladies 2
Gents 0

;)

Er, Wendy. Not disputing the score, you understand but that should be:-

Ladies 2
Blokes 0

In connection with these forums (and in accordance with a sub-section about to be added to the Code of Practice) Gents is a term only to be used in the vocative case, as in:-

"Gents! Please use The Gents. Thanks, Gents"

and not in the nominative case.

Col

Wongo
27th June 2006, 04:55 PM
Good one driver :D

Ladies 2
Blokes 1 (og)

:D

RufflyRustic
27th June 2006, 05:14 PM
Perfect.... so long as you have made a list & stuck it on the fridge or near the phone or in a (now disused) handbag. ;)
Said list will be ignored, forgotten, &/or lost for about 3 weeks & then binned due to it being out of date & a new one has been started somewhere else after 3 minutes of looking for the old one.:D

Maybe 3 minutes is a bit long.... :rolleyes: ...you better make that 3 seconds. :cool:

Geez Cliff, you are scaring me, how'd you know all that:confused: where's my foiley hat gone......

RufflyRustic
27th June 2006, 05:15 PM
Drat - you got me Driver and Wongo! Foiled again!!!

:D

Zed
27th June 2006, 05:53 PM
You've changed Zed.

no, im still the same old politically incorrect bloke I aways was. I just dont type it any more.... ah.... i miss the good old days... :rolleyes:

ozwinner
27th June 2006, 08:06 PM
You've changed Zed.

Yeah Zed, chill out, your even starting to freak me out with all your goodie two shoes act. :eek:

Just be yourself.:)

You were chosen for who you are, not for who you may be..

Al :)

echnidna
27th June 2006, 08:23 PM
You've changed Zed.

Interesting management strategy Wongo,

turn the larrikins inta mods.

then they hafta behave,

smartest one might be stoppers:D :D :D :D

RufflyRustic
27th June 2006, 08:49 PM
1. Keep Out !!!

;) :)

Hi Two Words,
Care to be a little more specific or can I run a mile with this one? :)

cheers
Wendy

Carry Pine
27th June 2006, 09:28 PM
Specially fitting covers could be made to go over machines while not in use. For darkside persons, glove-like covers could protect planes etc. The colour of these covers would indicate the gender of the designer- no bright orange or shiny silver, perhaps pastels. Definitely not patterned, it's not a dress shop.
Lighting could be at 2 levels. One for contemplation, listening to burls and logs etc and the other a brighter light which comes into operation when machinery or certain cupboard doors are opened.
Noise is also an issue. You may not have lost any of your hearing like us males so may enjoy background music as you scrape away with that newly sharpened Gordon plane. Enya and Diana Ross come to mind, depending on how quickly you are working. Helen Reddy may be suitable if you have 'removed' yourself from others for your own mental health.
Carry Pine

Iain
28th June 2006, 10:00 AM
I would like some reassurance that I will not be treated as a sex object if invited into any of the Ladies sheds:rolleyes:

Zed
28th June 2006, 10:15 AM
I would like some reassurance that I will not be treated as a sex object if invited into any of the Ladies sheds:rolleyes:

i've seen pictures of you iain, i can assure you this wont be the case.... :D

ozwinner
28th June 2006, 05:48 PM
i've seen pictures of you iain, i can assure you this wont be the case.... :D

The pictures are good, just wait until you meet him. :eek:

Al :p

Zed
28th June 2006, 08:44 PM
The pictures are good, just wait until you meet him. :eek:

Al :p

what I want to know is what he does for a crust. supporting 5(?) nags, a wife and 2 daughters, and associated crud must mean he makes a motza! (need an offsider Iain ?)

scooter
29th June 2006, 12:17 AM
i've seen pictures of you iain...

He was young, & needed the money... :p

lubbing5cherubs
23rd February 2007, 02:45 PM
My shed got one rule. This is my mess I keep the house tidy.... here is my space, so if you got a problem you know where the door is

Toni

Paws
23rd February 2007, 03:15 PM
Wendy,

can we have a clause in the code that says "shed = any workspace one can claim as one's own [including a wonky table with a tarp over the top for shade, on the back porch or in the carport etc]."

Poppa
4th March 2007, 11:43 PM
Ladies, having just discovered the COP, I congratulate you on developing your own. Might I attempt a suggestion for the attire section? Blokettes should be allowed to wear whatever they like in the confines of their own Shed, but as little attire as might be climactically suitable is to be deemed desirable by Blokes who may visit (subject to the relevant permissions being obtained in advance). A toolbelt (and only a toolbelt) shall always be considered perfectly adequate attire for a Blokette....