PDA

View Full Version : Cut driveway repair

mic-d
26th June 2006, 06:59 PM
I've got a little repair to do on a driveway that has had a strip 250mm wide cut through it. The plan is to finish with a course of pavers flush to the existing height of the driveway. My plan is to drill in some starter bars each side and put about 100mm of reinforced concrete under the pavers. Normally if I'm laying pavers on concrete I glue them down with tile adhesive, but this would involve an extra return trip. What I'm planning on doing is setting them down into the wet concrete and grouting them in the one day. Anybody got any tips to ensure the concrete bonds to the pavers?

Cheers
Michael

Wood Butcher
26th June 2006, 07:04 PM
You could give the underside of the pavers a coat of BondCrete.
But, if you are going to set them down into the wet concrete I'm not sure if you would have to?

Pulse
27th June 2006, 01:34 PM
an alternative way to tile is to use neat cement powder and sprinkle it on a damp mortar base to stick the tiles down, may work for pavers....

mic-d
27th June 2006, 08:55 PM
Did that job today and found that tapping them into the wet concrete to about half their depth worked well and locked them into position. Now grouted and I don't think they are going anywhere... Unless that fellow who turned up as we were leaving doesn't take my advice and drives his bobcat over them tomorrow:eek:

Cheers
Michael