PDA

View Full Version : Black & Decker Lathe

Buzza
28th June 2006, 12:03 AM
G'Day All, Someone gave me a lathe today, after cleaning out their shed. It has no motor, and apparently, you should use a Black & Decker drill for powering it up, as well as using the chuck. Does anyone know anything about this type of machine please? Do they work, or are they more suited to anchoring boats with?

Buzza.

bdar
28th June 2006, 07:20 AM
Hey Buzza, anchoring boats I'm affraid mate. A lot of the guys run, Jets, Novas, the one Carb-a-tec sells, can't remember the name at the moment. I run Vicmarcs and Ern has a Stubby, now where was that you lived Ern and can I lift it on my own.:D

Buzza
28th June 2006, 07:11 PM
So, some braided nylon with a two metre chain leader.

Buzza. :(

Skew ChiDAMN!!
28th June 2006, 07:58 PM
If all you want to do is turn small draw pulls & knobs, then it'll do the job. Barely.

The best use for it is to put it aside to gather dust for a few years as the "seed tool" for the next generations collection of "oddly shaped vintage tools with no apparent use." Every shed needs at least one.

Auld Bassoon
28th June 2006, 08:07 PM
Exactly so! As Skew has pointed out, per the Code, this could be a shed fixture...

bdar
29th June 2006, 09:30 PM
Buzza the braided nylon would be worth more than the lathe. Common old jute string will do. :D Auld has the idea bolt it to the wall and hang stuff off it.;)

China
30th June 2006, 12:34 AM
Not heavy enough to anchor a boat

hughie
30th June 2006, 02:10 AM
Buzza,
I probably would not tell anyone that I had a B&D lathe........:D its how nasty rumors start. :D

hughie

cedar n silky
30th June 2006, 08:20 AM
Exactly so! As Skew has pointed out, per the Code, this could be a shed fixture...
You might have already seen the bumper sticker. It was on the tailgate of a mature tradesmans ute. Thought I'd pass it on to you anyway! It read,
" I'd rather be an old fart than a young dickhead" Had me chuckling for a while anyway. Makes a chage from the "magic happens" and the like that are on every second car up these parts!:)

Buzza
30th June 2006, 10:18 PM
Okay, is there a young Dickhead out there who wants to buy a Black & Decker wood lathe with two "No Fear" stickers on it? It can also be used as a canoe anchor. The sliding bed part could can be used for flashing disco lights in the rear window of most large sedans.

I think it will now go to Japan and come back to life as an axle for a four wheel drive.

Buzza.

Auzzie turner
1st July 2006, 12:37 AM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)