PDA

View Full Version : more cedar works

kiwik
28th June 2006, 08:21 PM
I obtained some cedar from demolished buildings, pics are of some of the items ive used it for.

BobR
28th June 2006, 11:23 PM
Great work. I wish I could "find" some timber like that.

BobL
29th June 2006, 01:36 AM
Bewdifull work!

Two houses down from us, without any notice the owners demolished an 85 year old cottage. I near cried as I watched 115 mm wide jarrah floor boards being turned into splinters and carted away to landfill amongst a rubble of corrugated iron, bricks and dirt.

OK I thought, they will now build a house and I will pillage the skip of all the usable timber offcuts. The double storey characterless edifice they call a house is now nearly finished and all I have managed to score from the skip are a couple of green jarrah battens and a dozen lengths of 2x4 by about a metre long bits of crappiata. Hardly worth the hassel of getting up early on a Sunday cos I know at other times the nerdy neighbor across the street is always minding everybody elses business and I wouldn't put it past him to dob me in.

WHAT"S WRONG WITH ALL THESE PEOPLE??

AlexS
29th June 2006, 02:10 PM
Very nice, Kiwik. The rectangular table is a beauty, any chance of more detailed pics please?

MajorPanic
29th June 2006, 07:50 PM
The pictures are very hard to see as they are so small, but, from what I acn see they look great. http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon14.gif

Try posting pictures at least 300 X 400px so those of us who don't use default resolution can see them.

Peter36
29th June 2006, 09:13 PM
Was that Australian Cedar Kiwik . Very nice work but some bigger pics would be great http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon14.gif

workgoose
29th June 2006, 09:20 PM
Very nice job Kiwik, recycling at its very best! Any pics during construction?

kiwik
30th June 2006, 06:07 PM
thanks for the comments guys.It was Australian red cedar
I didnt take a lot of pics during construction,but have put a few more here
a little larger (I hope)

TTIT
1st July 2006, 12:59 AM
Awesome work Kiwik. :) Very nice pieces indeed!:D

zenwood
1st July 2006, 03:07 PM
Wow: beautiful crisp detailing in those, and I like the pierced aprons on that coffee (or is it a tea-) table. That timber is warm, rich, and very nicely finished too.

Have a greenie.