PDA

View Full Version : Nuking!!-Skew

cedar n silky
1st July 2006, 10:17 PM
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon1.gif Hey Skew
<HR style="COLOR: #c0aa94" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER- 1px inset; BORDER- 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Skew ChiDAMN!!
From memory, Ron Kent says his LDD treated wood turns as though 'twas green, (ie. very easily) often spraying everywhere, but simply doesn't crack like normal greens when drying. Would you say this applies to your method? From "obviously dry" I gather it didn't spray, but did it turn as easily as green wood?

'Tis just my curiosity asking... I'm undecided about trying your method as spraying the blanks several times a day is too much work for this li'l black duck. Methinks I'd rather stick to my microwaving technique; 'tis much quicker (a couple of hours all up!) and I don't have to remember to keep doing things. :rolleyes:
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Could you give us an idea of your micro waving, or nuking (as you call it) methods? I inherited a mint Sharp nuker, a big old unit, and I have just the spot in the workshop for it!
Can you nuke a pie and a piece of wood at the same time!!:p
Thanks for alll your wisdom so far.
Cheers:D

Skew ChiDAMN!!
1st July 2006, 10:36 PM
For a minute there I was worried, thinking "Didn't I just reply to this? Where's it gone?" :o So it took me a few mins to realise you'd x-posted... [sigh]

Verbatim:

Could you give us an idea of your micro waving, or nuking (as you call it) methods? I inherited a mint Sharp nuker, a big old unit, and I have just the spot in the workshop for it!

That should be perfect for the job. My method's in http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=20580 ...3rd post, I think.

Can you nuke a pie and a piece of wood at the same time!!:p

Actually, you can. :o Just DON'T put it in the same bag as the wood! :eek::D:D