PDA

View Full Version : New lathe here.. woohooo

Tassie Boy
5th July 2006, 08:38 PM
Well after a few weeks of getting different prices and opions from different people,,, My lathe is finally here!! wooo hooo....
Got home from school and there she was.....

I'm now the new owner of Jet mini lathe and Nova Midi chuck
I got her all set up and hit the switch and ....puuuuuuuuurrrrr just like a kitten!!!!mmmmmmm:D :D

Trouble is i have no tools yet:( they have to come all the way from Gary Pye in Q'land because the dealer in Hobart who i got the lathe off had run out of stock:( ohhhh well more waiting i suppose:p Mabye i can just "borrow" a gouge off the school:D :D

Thanks to those who pointed out the pros and cons of woodturning too me!:)

ss_11000
5th July 2006, 09:08 PM
enjoy your lathe and happy waiting.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
5th July 2006, 10:48 PM
Good choices. Now hurry up and wait! :D

Cliff Rogers
5th July 2006, 11:28 PM
Somebody has done their homework. ;)

OGYT
6th July 2006, 01:02 PM
Congratulations on a fine lathe. Happy turning!!

rsser
6th July 2006, 02:24 PM
... so what's wrong with fingernails? :D

GP is quick so you won't have to wait long.

Good luck; this is prob the start of a lifelong addiction. There's no cure; just more paid work, more tools, more work etc etc.

Auzzie turner
7th July 2006, 01:01 AM
Well after a few weeks of getting different prices and opions from different people,,, My lathe is finally here!! wooo hooo....
Got home from school and there she was.....

I'm now the new owner of Jet mini lathe and Nova Midi chuck
I got her all set up and hit the switch and ....puuuuuuuuurrrrr just like a kitten!!!!mmmmmmm:D :D

Trouble is i have no tools yet:( they have to come all the way from Gary Pye in Q'land because the dealer in Hobart who i got the lathe off had run out of stock:( ohhhh well more waiting i suppose:p Mabye i can just "borrow" a gouge off the school:D :D

Thanks to those who pointed out the pros and cons of woodturning too me!:)

Good on yaaaahh mate!!!!!!

Tassie Boy
7th July 2006, 11:03 PM
Yer well tools havent come yet, Gary said they would be here on Monday!

Skew im waiting as fast as i can!...lol
cant wait to do some turning!

La truciolara
8th July 2006, 01:56 AM
Tassie Boy
I pity you!<O:p</O:p
Now you have got a “Virus turniensis”… no doctor will cure you, non medecine available, no one has been able to get rid of it, the more it goes the more it will draw you towards your fantastic lathe, and you will have a constant impelling desire to make more shavings. :D <O:p</O:p