PDA

View Full Version : Question for lignum and tassie kiwi re domino

econ
6th July 2006, 11:02 AM
Theres a tiny bit of slack between the left post of the guide plate and the sleeve in which it sits in the motor chassis.
Also the sleeve on the right side is made of brass whereas the sleeve on the left
is steel .

I notice the slack if I hold the guide plate in one hand ,the motor chassis in the other and rotate back and forth.

Is this the same as your units ?

Lignum
6th July 2006, 11:51 AM
Econ:) well spotted. Mine is the same. If i hold the guide plate in one hand and the motor chassis in the other and rotate back and forth their is a tiny, tiny amount of movement. If i was to measure it i would assume it would be no more than 0.01mm. The right side sleeve is brass and the post is the main guide as its the longer of the two, and the smoothest fit. The left i assume is more of a locating guide rail. All up mine runs beautifully and absolutly no noticable movement at all.

Are you having problems with yours? Hope not:)

econ
6th July 2006, 10:00 PM
Thanks for that Lignum. Its reassuring.

This morning I went to the local Festo dealer and the salesman
allowed me to check three of their machines , of which one is used for
demos. The demo machine drills ( or should the term be the verb dominoes) perfect holes. So the clicking , as with your machine, does not affect accuracy.
All three have a brass sleeve on the right and steel on the left.

All three of them manifested this slight clicking. I conclude that its engineered purposely in the design.

Mine hasn't yet drilled a hole . I was giong through the DVD , practicing sliding the guide plate on and off, changing the bit, reading the instruction manual
etc when i discovered this click and wanted to find out before turning it on
if it represented a problem.
My first project with the domino is the linkwitz orion speaker. The panels are all cut and waiting to be dominoed.
http://www.linkwitzlab.com

TassieKiwi
7th July 2006, 09:43 AM
Mine hasn't yet drilled a hole .
http://www.linkwitzlab.com

My, I admire your restraint. I whacked a few holes in something long before I read the manual! Actually, I still haven't. Get Dominoing, sonny jim.:D

Great looking speakers - have you listened to them at all?

D