PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed

kiwik
6th July 2006, 07:57 PM
Hi Guys,
I need to cut a dadoo on a gooseneck piece of timber as in sketch for the top of a grandfather clock.Cant figure out how to get around it,anybody have any advice.Thanks in advance

Dangermouse
6th July 2006, 11:04 PM
How this rabbeting bit with bearing guides (a bit expensive but would certainly seem to do the job for you):
http://www.carbatec.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=240_17350_17360_17600

Template Tom
7th July 2006, 08:33 PM
Hi Guys,
I need to cut a dadoo on a gooseneck piece of timber as in sketch for the top of a grandfather clock.Cant figure out how to get around it,anybody have any advice.Thanks in advance
What's a dadoo

Need more details re size of material etc

Tom

doug the slug
7th July 2006, 08:46 PM
Hi Guys,

Hi Kiwik. i think we need a bit more info on what you are trying to do before anyone can give you a meaningful answer. dimensions of the material would be a good start. does the dadoo (thats for tom's benefit, why pick on the man's spelling, its obvious what sort of joint he means) need to go into one of the flat sides or one of the curved sides. how exactly is it to be fitted to the top of the clock?

Wood Butcher
7th July 2006, 08:51 PM
I presume you need to cut a trench a long the edge of the curved piece?
If so have you thought about using a slot cutter bit with a bigger bearing to act as a depth stop? You could run multiple passes if needed to get the width?