PDA

View Full Version : See you at the wood show.

Auzzie turner
7th July 2006, 12:59 AM
Hi all,
I have just been notified by the local Carbatec in Perth, and the manager has seen some of my work, and so he wants me to do my own demonstartion at the Perth 2006 wood show. I will be turning on all 3 days, and will be turning for around 7 hours a day! Everything will be ready for use.--lathe, chisels, wood, sandpaper, shallawax! All I have to do is turn it!! Can't wait!!;) :eek:

Hope to see you all there that live in Perth, I will be at the Carbatec booth.
See you all there

Regards........Joash

Lignum
7th July 2006, 01:15 AM
Well done Joash:D Bet that will be a big buzz for you, congratulations :D :D When you get a break and have a look around, their should be a bloke their doing some turning by the name of Gordon Ward. Have a look at his work and have talk to him, he is one of the very best turners in Australia. One of the elite. You will get some great advise from him:)

Auzzie turner
7th July 2006, 11:35 AM
Well done Joash:D Bet that will be a big buzz for you, congratulations :D :D When you get a break and have a look around, their should be a bloke their doing some turning by the name of Gordon Ward. Have a look at his work and have talk to him, he is one of the very best turners in Australia. One of the elite. You will get some great advise from him:)
Thanks, I'll see how much time I get off, and then ask around for Gordan Ward, be interesting to see his work.

Regards..........Joash

Wood Butcher
7th July 2006, 11:56 AM
Congratulations Josh!
Just remember to have someone take some photos of you turning at the show so we can all see what you got up to!!

TimberNut
7th July 2006, 01:52 PM
Good on you Joash!!!

It's wonderful to see a young bloke seriously bitten by the woodturning bug.

I've been absolutely obsessed by woodturning since the first day I got on a lathe back at school in Year 8. That would have been when I was about 14 I figure. I still remember the exact time, which lathe I was on, who showed me the ropes etc.

Most people wouldn't get it, but I know all the turners here would. Once you fall in love with a lathe, you're bitten for life!!!

Mate, you get there, and turn your heart out! If anyone has negative comments, just PM me their details and I'll hand deliver a bunch of shut the .... up !!!!

Keep the passion alive. It's great to see! There's worth things in life to get addicted to (though sometimes my wife wonders.....)

PHD1
7th July 2006, 02:17 PM
Congradulation!!!!

Auzzie turner
7th July 2006, 02:31 PM
Thanks a lot guys, Ohhhhh!! I just can't wait. I will be going for an interview with Geoff and Joe at Carbatec this afternoon to work out the details. Let you know about that later. I will definately have a digital camera taken along, so I can put some shots on the internet.

@ Timbernut,
I'll let you know if anyone says any negative comments.:D :D---Poor guys

Thanks for the comments,

Regards............Joash

Auzzie turner
7th July 2006, 02:57 PM
:)

ss_11000
7th July 2006, 04:23 PM
well done joash

Auzzie turner
7th July 2006, 04:55 PM
Yeah thanks Stirlo, that's going to take some getting used to, standing up there in front of everybody, and what happens if the chisel digs in or if the skew catches (for the millionth time) or a piece comes flying off, or if.........or if........or if I get sssstaggge ffffrighttt, or if........ohhhh please no more!!

Catcha later,
Regards.........Joash

Tassie Boy
7th July 2006, 05:14 PM
Well done buddy..
have fun

ss_11000
7th July 2006, 05:19 PM
Yeah thanks Stirlo, that's going to take some getting used to, standing up there in front of everybody, and what happens if the chisel digs in or if the skew catches (for the millionth time) or a piece comes flying off, or if.........or if........or if I get sssstaggge ffffrighttt, or if........ohhhh please no more!!

Catcha later,
Regards.........Joash

i'm sure you'll do well judging by the quality of your work...just take it slow and concentrate.

Auzzie turner
7th July 2006, 08:53 PM
Yeah thanks

Auzzie turner
7th July 2006, 09:10 PM
Allrighty,

I have just got home from having an interview with Geoff and Joe. It is all set to go at the wood show this year. I am going to be turning on a MC1100, and will be turning mainly sheoak. I will mainly be turning smaller things, so that people don't get bored. Hope to see you all there----That is those that live in Perth:D

Catchya later,

Regards..........Joash

cedar n silky
7th July 2006, 09:44 PM
Allrighty,

I have just got home from having an interview with Geoff and Joe. It is all set to go at the wood show this year. I am going to be turning on a MC1100, and will be turning mainly sheoak. I will mainly be turning smaller things, so that people don't get bored. I am going to be paid $100 per day for 3 days!!!:eek: Plenty to pick up all the late wood show specials.:D :D Hope to see you all there----That is those that live in Perth:D

Catchya later,

Regards..........Joash

Have fun matey!
I went to the Brisbane show for the first time this year, and had a ball!
Went on the last day, as i live a fair way from Brizzy, but came away with a ripper lathe and chuck and bits and peices at good prices. The best part of it was the demo's, and you are going to be doing that!! Congratulations, and I reckon you will love it. I really enjoyed talking to all the old timers, who are top nothch woodworkers. If you get a chance, check out the woodturners clubs. They usually have some felas turning as well. Enjoy!:)

Auzzie turner
7th July 2006, 09:45 PM
Thanks, can't wait.:) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D :confused: :o :eek: :( :mad:

lubbing5cherubs
7th July 2006, 10:43 PM

Catcha later,
Regards.........Joash

Congratulation Joash... if you dig in or the wood flys off don't worry that turning. Just keep going on. As for stage fright you just talk to your wood and ignore the onlookers, if you get worried ...and have a blast. YOu did great ot even get picked so don't worry about the what if. Relish in the fact that you were chosen. Great effort and have fun.
Toni

rsser
8th July 2006, 02:24 PM
Congratulations.

I hope other kids see you and get inspired to try themselves.

And if you get a catch or dig, you blithely say 'now I did that on purpose to show you all how not to hold the tool' :D

Auzzie turner
8th July 2006, 07:53 PM
I'll remember that:D