PDA

View Full Version : My other half smoked me...lol

Lin
10th July 2006, 05:08 AM
I'm trying to get a couple of the Rose Luminaries done from the last issue of CCW and my hubby picked the Welcome Lighthouse project to do for our family reunion raffle this year....As you can see from the pic below...he won...My pieces have only made it to the oil bath just yesterday and his project is done waiting for a hanger. He did get a bit of help from me during the finishing process but other than that he made me look bad...Now his is done and mine are still in process.<O:p</O:p
He said its not a hard project to do at all and it uses up some left over pieces from other projects...He stack cut the pieces so we have another ser to do a second one as a x-mas gift. He did say he wished he would've cut the beach/fence from a lighter color so the lighthouse and it would've contrasted more.<O:p</O:p
Backer cut from 1/2" pine then stained with Old Master's white gel stain and Woodburst blue mixed. Woods used on the piece itself are: Canarywood, purpleheart, paduk, poplar, maple, red oak and mahogany. The sun is maple dyed with yellow leather dye and we used the white pigmented gel stain on the maple cloud. Size is approx 9.5" by 16".
Lin

Al B
10th July 2006, 05:04 PM
Very nice Lin your hubby did a great job, I'm sure that who ever is going to receive it for xmas will be very happy.

oges
12th July 2006, 09:53 AM
He has done well on that Lin, looks good