PDA

View Full Version : Carbatec TS instructions

workgoose
11th July 2006, 09:11 AM
Anybody know what this might mean?:
Belt Relerse: #5. Now the plenty slot type belt become loosen, remove it from aperture of table. Same way for belt installation.

Shouldn't installation be the other way around?
It's no wonder that I almost never read instruction manuals... :D

bennylaird
11th July 2006, 09:20 AM
Anybody know what this might mean?:
Belt Relerse: #5. Now the plenty slot type belt become loosen, remove it from aperture of table. Same way for belt installation.

Shouldn't installation be the other way around?
It's no wonder that I almost never read instruction manuals... :D

Find this fella called Relerse and give him a belt in the mouth for having such a silly name.

It explains then that if you have a slot in your belt instead of holes your pants will fall down.

Adjust the camera aperture to take a photo of you with your pants down belting Relerse on the table.

Then put your pants back on and tie the belt up backwards.

Hope this clears it up.

Wongo
11th July 2006, 10:04 AM
Hey Mr Picky :D

Sure the wording might not be first class but clever chaps like you 2 should be able to work it out easily.:cool:

It’s a bit like going to the Chinese shop and a sign says “$10 for 2”. Then what do you do? You pick 2 up and pay them $10. Easy!!:D

lesmeyer
11th July 2006, 12:31 PM
I purchased a tenoning jig for the TS. The manual said it was a tenoning jing.:D
Regards
Les

bpj1968
11th July 2006, 01:20 PM
It's a bit of a shame that seeing as the TS has Carbatec's name on it, someone there hasn't bothered to do better translation to accompany the saw. Considering how much it cost and the half hour it would take someone on a computer.

Same again I rarely read instructions fully, but it always happens that the one thing you don't understand is the one they can't explain

workgoose
11th July 2006, 01:34 PM
I have just finished pulling the motor out of the saw (TSC10), and found that after only three months weekend use the spline on the belt pulley had come adrift, which in turn seems to have dislocated the motor shaft, pushing it onto the fan housing, hence the awful noise. I agree with bpj1968, a bit of proof reading by the importers of these things would go along way, and that's of course not only Carbatec. Having said all that, I have been very happy so far with this saw, the table was flat and everything else dead square straight out of the box. With a bit of very minor tweaking here and there it is delivering excellent results for me. I reckon it's good value for the price. The only accessory I am planning on buying is an Incra or Kreg mitre guide, I haven't decided which as yet. cheers Peter

silentC
11th July 2006, 01:44 PM
a bit of proof reading by the importers of these things would go along way
The manual is packed in the box with the saw, I doubt it gets opened by anyone in this country!

What they could do, if they were so inclined, is provide a better manual on their web site, like Grizzly does in the US (if you go there, you will probably find a manual that suits your saw which has been translated properly: http://www.grizzly.com/manuals.cfm?&gid=E1F029D7-F4AB-496C-9BD0-476AD1F07A17&site=grizzly.

But since the people at Carbatec know full well that no-one who follows the Code of Conduct for blokes would ever bother with the manual, they probably don't see the point ;)

workgoose
11th July 2006, 02:10 PM
You're probably right, silentC, it's a lot like real blokes never seeing a doctor until its almost too late... or like admitting that we don't know everything after all. cheers Peter:rolleyes::D

Flowboy
11th July 2006, 08:43 PM
Hi all,

Couldn't resist. But first, when I asked Carbatec in Melb., they said they were trying to get better translations, things just take time.

So, I bought a 13" thicknesser, the motor of which has a left and right horsing (housing). I also bought a 17" Bandsaw, which has two (2) limpid pieces, which I think are the blade tension window.

But if you can tell me how to do this, I'll tap dance in Bourke Street

"Adjusting Speed of Saw Blade"
1. Loosen the two screw (A, B in Fig 12). Change the belt to the belt to the required belt solt.
2. Until the saw blade speed to 850m/min or 430m/min)

Say Wha...?

Rob

MurrayD99
12th July 2006, 12:53 PM
Peter, I haven't seen any reference to this problem with the drive pulley before. Was it just a loose grub screw thing? I guess I'll check....

journeyman Mick
12th July 2006, 01:27 PM
Rob,
better put on your dancing shoes, a slight re-edit and it all makes sense:

1. Loosen the two screw (A, B in Fig 12). Change the belt to the required belt slot.
Until the saw blade speed is either 850m/min or 430m/min)

Of course, without seeing the diagrams and your saw I don't know whether this is right or not:rolleyes:

Mick the communicator

Wongo
12th July 2006, 01:32 PM
Rob,
better put on your dancing shoes, a slight re-edit and it all makes sense:

1. Loosen the two screw (A, B in Fig 12). Change the belt to the required belt slot.
Until the saw blade speed is either 850m/min or 430m/min)

Of course, without seeing the diagrams and your saw I don't know whether this is right or not:rolleyes:

Mick the communicator

Nick you good

workgoose
12th July 2006, 01:49 PM
Murray, no it wasn't a grub screw, but a little spline/wedge thingy that fits into the motor pulley and shaft. It worked itself loose, started rubbing on the motor mount, and that seems to have upset everything. I'll know more when I get it back from repair (under warranty). Peter

durwood
12th July 2006, 02:31 PM
I think we have a solution here in Journeyman Mick - the communicator.

Carbatec needs to send all their machinery that needs the catalogues translated to Mick and he can give them the once over so that the customers get the message loud and clear.

He obviously has a talent for it.

journeyman Mick
12th July 2006, 11:08 PM
I think we have a solution here in Journeyman Mick - the communicator.

Carbatec needs to send all their machinery that needs the catalogues translated to Mick and he can give them the once over so that the customers get the message loud and clear.

He obviously has a talent for it.

Dunno about that, I bought a CT250-TS off them a while ago (since replaced) and before I started assembly I told myself I would faithfully read the manual. It was absolutely useless.:confused: I can't imagine how anyone not familiar with a sliding table saw could have assembled the saw to operate as it should. In this litigious day and age it's almost like asking to be sued if someone buys a machine off you and then has an accident because the manual wasn't clear on the assembly and operation of the machine.

Mick

Wongo
13th July 2006, 12:58 AM
Dunno

It is "Do not know" Mick. :D

(Back to the code)

Bob38S
13th July 2006, 11:53 AM
Dunno about that, I bought a CT250-TS off them a while ago (since replaced) and before I started assembly I told myself I would faithfully read the manual......

....... then has an accident because the manual wasn't clear on the assembly and operation of the machine.

Mick

Replaced????
By the same because of a problem?
By a different one because of a problem?

re accident and litigation - Hmmmmmmmmm - perhaps they haven't thought of that one - could be interesting/ugly if it were to happen.
Bob

journeyman Mick
13th July 2006, 03:20 PM
Bob,
sorry, replaced as in, bought a 2nd hand full size panel saw and sold the CT-250TS.

Mick

bpj1968
14th July 2006, 11:23 AM
Hi all,

Couldn't resist. But first, when I asked Carbatec in Melb., they said they were trying to get better translations, things just take time.

Rob

Are they waiting for the Chinese to learn better Ingrish?

I don't expect them to open every box and replace the instructions, but seeing as they no doubt open the first box for the display model they could translate that one, here in Australia.
When they hand you the big box of bits they could hand you their instructions. You may not even read those but at least you would get the impression taht they are looking after the customer.

How often have you bought something with 12 bolts, 6 long, 6 short. The part list say you should have 8 long, 2 short. The assembly instructions don't differentiate between long and short, and either seem to fit, until the last bolt