PDA

View Full Version : Rotex 150 Sanders

Flowboy
12th July 2006, 07:37 PM
Hello all,

Just to complete my previous post. I have resolved the issues with the power cord and vaccuum hose, so now I have to say that the beast is brilliant and I wouldn't use anything else. All I want is 1500 and 2000 grit discs.
Also, my OF2000E, which came back to me still sticking after being "repaired" works brilliantly since I fixed it myself with some silicon spray. Glad I bought them, they are a joy on the Leigh jigs I use them for.

Regards and thanks for most of the input.

A competent, micturitonally controlled Rob

Carpenter
12th July 2006, 09:52 PM
Hello all,

All I want is 1500 and 2000 grit discs.

Funny you should mention this, I too have been chasing up a range of discs in varying grades with 9 hole & no hole in the over 600 grit range for hard burnishing. I can get them, but the minimum order is for 100 of each grit...........it adds up. I have been toying with the idea of a buying group on the forum & would encourage feedback & ideas any of you may have (spread the word boys & girls). I reckon this could work well for many of us because there's a lot of coin to be saved buying in bulk. I also recently purchased a FEIN Supercut, (second generation multi-master) & note the incredible savings that can be made (about half price) when buying the blades in bulk. Maybe there could be a place to register the items of interest, & when enough people put forward a commitment, the items can be purchased by a designated individual & then distributed. A kind of woodworker/tradesmans co-operative.

Flowboy
13th July 2006, 06:31 AM
Hi Carpenter,

I agree. The discs just don't last long enough to be wasting upward of $5.00 finishing an item. Also, consistent supply would be nice. There is a company not far from me that sells good quality sanding sheets etc. They primarily deal in floor sanders, but are moving into belt and rotary sanders also. I'll check them out today and let you know. I also recall a post elsewhere in the forums about a company south of Melbourne who will make these up for you, but I can't remember where!

Regards,

Rob

DPB
13th July 2006, 09:23 AM
Read this thread. http://tinyurl.com/ml9ar:)

mat
13th July 2006, 09:52 AM
Don

Any feedback on their quality vs original festool?

Iain
13th July 2006, 10:16 AM
Gills Tools in Sydney Rd, Coburg (not far from the old Pentridge) stock some very fine grits for the Festool, he supplies panel beaters with discs for the same machine, has a lot of other fine sanding gear too.
I have had 2000 grit from him, I'm sure i have seen finer.

Flowboy
18th July 2006, 09:07 AM
Hi,

I've found a place in Heidelberg which sells sanding pads, including Festool which they like very much. They have an alternative which they say is high quality also and may last longer, but at 1500-200Grit I'm not sure. The can provide these for $90/100, which doesn't seem worth it to me , but if you are interested, let me know and I can get them for you. You will need to pay me upfront as I cannot carry the cost and also don't need boxes and boxes of discs left here because people frgot or changed their minds.

Regards

Rob

Iain
18th July 2006, 09:27 AM
That looks like single sheet/disc pricing, should be able to get a box of 100 for about half that.
There is a crowd in SA, can't recall the name but have it on the system somewhere.
http://www.collinsid.com.au/