PDA

View Full Version : AAAAarrrrrrrr TIBERHEIST!!!!!

NewLou
19th July 2006, 09:54 PM
What the (^$&@^_@^%()+@*^%*+@

I went down to me local timber yard to get some more Ash for my workbench and its almost literally doubled in price since the beginning of the year. I mean all they can say is that they gotta cover the cost a fuel.

There've got a great stockpile a select timber so I can't work out how fuel costs are resulting in costs nearly doubling!!! I neally kealed over when they told me th e price!!!!

I'd cope with around a 20% increase but close to 50% come on!!!! is anyone else experiencing this????

REgards Lou:(:(:(

Lignum
19th July 2006, 10:01 PM
Out of curiosity, how much are they asking?

NewLou
19th July 2006, 10:31 PM
I paid $178.00 for 8meters of 50 * 200 select Ash . Now the same timber at the same dimensions is worth over $280.00 dressed stock is even pricier.

Not quite double the price upon reflection but none the less a dramatic mark up

:confused::confused::confused:

Gaza
19th July 2006, 10:41 PM
$280.00 is not a bad price for select grade 50mm KD. maybe they under charged you the first time, in syd timber prices have remand steady over the last few years let alone months.

NewLou
19th July 2006, 10:42 PM
DOH!!!

I should a bought a heap while i had the chance!!!!!

REgards Lou:o:o:o

Harry72
19th July 2006, 10:43 PM
If the fuel cost was the only reason Id go else where, sounds like they are taking advantage of their customers?
$35m for common wood is that right?

gordonwindeyer
19th July 2006, 11:07 PM
Here are my calcs...
your 8m*.05m*.2m is 0.08 cu m or 35.5 super ft.
Last week I paid $11 a super foot week for silver ash. At my price your purchase would have cost me $390!
Either I have been ripped off (which I don't think I was) or you got a great deal on your first buy, then a good deal on your second.
Was your's silver ash? And where did you buy it?

Gordon

Ashore
19th July 2006, 11:45 PM
What the (^$&@^_@^%()+@*^%*+@

I went down to me local timber yard to get some more Ash for my workbench and its almost literally doubled in price since the beginning of the year. I mean all they can say is that they gotta cover the cost a fuel.

REgards Lou:(:(:(

Lou of course it the fuel costs , You gotta use something to burn the wood to get the ash .:rolleyes:

NewLou
19th July 2006, 11:45 PM
Amazing isnt it

Here I am thinking I was getting the raw prawn...................n now you blokes have me convinced I got a great deal!!!

.......................I love this FORUM:eek::D:D:eek:

Regards Lou:p

Harry72
20th July 2006, 12:19 AM
So thats about $3500 cube?