PDA

View Full Version : You heard it here first

Flowboy
20th July 2006, 06:49 PM
Hi Everyone,

Are you all sitting down?

I have always judged a company by its support as well as its product quality. If it sucks I'll say it. If its brilliant, likewise.
As many of you are aware, I am starting on 10 dining chairs using Red Ironbark. ( And the FMT will do me fine for M&Ts thanks) So I expect some collateral damage in the router bit brigade.
Today I called Quality Power Tools in Bouverie Street , Carlton to see if they had some 10mm cutting diam, 8mm shank spiral upcutters. I had considered Carbitool, but I would have needed a 10mm collet to use with their bits and as I am using them with a leigh FMT jig, preferred to get 8mm shanks.

So, Festool make them. The guy at QPT (didn't get his name) looked through the Cattledog, found them and rang Festool while I was on the phone to chack availability. There was one in Oz and it would take 7 days to supply the other two. No problem. Not only this, but the price was I think quite reasonable at about A$40.00.
This is exceptional service by both QPT and ToolTechnic. I could have been waiting some time to fill the order with MIK, depending on stock levels. That being said, it's a pleasure to deal with MIK.
This is the level of service all companies should provide.

Regards and still demanding of excellent service,

Rob.

scooter
21st July 2006, 12:42 AM
Rob, good to hear you copped some good cust service :)

Was $40 for the one bit or all 3? If 3, that does seem v good pricing.

Cheers.................Sean

Flowboy
21st July 2006, 06:09 AM
Hi Scooter,
As I said, I'll eat my words if I am shown to be wrong.
My motto is "Excellence is expected, perfection is the aim." I think that should be in every company's motto.

The bits are about A$40-50 each. They are on the Festool website but not as router bits.

Regards and thanks,

Rob