PDA

View Full Version : New Cicular Saw

darrenyorston
23rd July 2006, 03:25 PM
I am in the need for a circular saw around 800watts. I have a 2000watt but I need to run it off a geneartor which only supports a constant power rate od 2200watts.

I saw the Ozito used to make n 800watt one, the CSG-462, but I have not been able to find it anywhere.

Are there any others avilable?

echnidna
23rd July 2006, 03:52 PM
Forget the ozito they're rubbish.

Because a hand held saw starts under no load you should be able to reliably run a 1200 watt saw from the generator
(even though recommended practise is 1/3rd of genset output rating on a petrol genset. On a diesel genset 1/2 of output is ok)

There is a 1200watt GMC available, nice little saw to use.

darrenyorston
23rd July 2006, 04:06 PM
Forget the ozito they're rubbish.

Because a hand held saw starts under no load you should be able to reliably run a 1200 watt saw from the generator
(even though recommended practise is 1/3rd of genset output rating on a petrol genset. On a diesel genset 1/2 of output is ok)

There is a 1200watt GMC available, nice little saw to use.

I was interested in picking up a work bench as well. Triton have one that even comes with a saw. I contacted Triton and received an email that there PTA001 (1000watt) drew 3000watts on startup. There advise was that the genator would stall.

I don't want to cut massive beams just ply and mapple some half inch thick mapple and he like. I thought of a battery powered saw but these won't fit in a table would they?

Since I have not bought the saw as yet I don't want to buy it and attempt to run it any it does not have enough power to cut.