PDA

View Full Version : One for the camping enthusiasts.......

Bully4
24th July 2006, 06:57 PM
This is one I almost forgot I made. It is a cutlery box to use when we go camping.....We had purchased some cutlery and it came in a yellow plastic case and every time you opened it, something fell out.... so I made this....

It is based on a briefcase plan I found in a book from the local library... ( Making Little Boxes from Wood). It is just KD Hardwood sides and dividers with a veneered ply rebated for the top and base. The dividers are covered in felt, as is the base of the case. The grey in the lid is high density foam to keep everything in place when travelling.

It is about 430mm x 330mm x 80mm and finished with a couple of coats of Feast Watson Satin Proof to protect it.

Wardy
24th July 2006, 07:32 PM
hi bully
arn't you campers supposed to rough it:D mate thats 5 star dining if i've ever seen it ;)great effort :)
cheers wardy

Wood Borer
24th July 2006, 07:49 PM
Nice work - hand cut dovetails?

Sculptured Box
24th July 2006, 11:14 PM
I agree almost too good to be taken outdoors.

Any more good work to show us, come on, you are on a roll!

zenwood
25th July 2006, 01:49 AM
Mmmm . . . I hope you take the crystal goblets for the champagne so the cutlery box doesn't look out of place. Makes for a very classy pique-nique, I would say. Beautiful. Would make a good design for a briefcase too.

Hickory
25th July 2006, 08:46 AM
It Ain't campin' but a Hell of a nice cutlery box. Thanks for the post spurs and Idea or two for a "Camping" project.

Another Round 2 It....

RufflyRustic
25th July 2006, 09:25 AM
Nice! Very Nice!!:)
That reminds me, I need to do something about the kitchen utensil draw at home too....:rolleyes:

cheers
Wendy

silentC
25th July 2006, 10:03 AM
Wouldn't fit in my backpack!

Nice box. :)

Bully4
25th July 2006, 06:41 PM
Thankyou.....

Yes they are hand cut dovetails....and yes the design is a briefcase design adapted to suit.