PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Box

Barrie Restall
26th July 2006, 12:12 PM
My wife says this one is stupid, and she is always right! I think she puts stuff in my cocoa, too.

Regards

Barrie

HappyHammer
26th July 2006, 12:15 PM
A whale on the crest of a wave? Looks fine to me.;)

HH.

Wongo
26th July 2006, 12:21 PM
Kool!

Sculptured Box
26th July 2006, 12:41 PM
My wife says this one is stupid, and she is always right! I think she puts stuff in my cocoa, too.

Barrie

I think your wife is correct, however I think you've accidentially misquoted her, shouldn't her statement read "My wife says this one is stupid if you dont' like it, and she is always right!"

It is inspirational!

How did you attach the two sections together?

Barrie Restall
26th July 2006, 01:57 PM
Tony,

I used a small bit of aluminium welding rod drilled into both pieces. The whales are all about at the moment, and after I had zizzed all the cracks and faults out of a lump of wood, there it was! No inspiration, just luck!

Regards

Barrie

Babytoolman
26th July 2006, 02:23 PM
Barry,
This is fantastic, Very artistic i really like it.

roger

echnidna
26th July 2006, 02:40 PM
Your Wifes absolutely right it is stupid.:eek:

But its a wondeful exercise in wood artistry so don't sell yourself short.:)

RufflyRustic
26th July 2006, 03:01 PM
I think it's inspirational!!! and Awesome!

Cheers
Wendy

ptc
26th July 2006, 04:11 PM
I can hear it.
Tell her to have another look.
I like it.
well done.

oldbob13
27th July 2006, 12:39 AM
Barrie,
I think that she is using reverse psychology on you. she probably doesn't want you to get rid of it.
I think its brilliant and I wait for the rest of the pod to surface.
Bob

Buzza
27th July 2006, 10:36 AM
Your wife is correct of course, and as a forum friend I can help you both out. Send it to me, and I'll put it up on my display shelf, out of sight to you both, and where I can admire it. :) :)

Buzza. ;)

Hickory
27th July 2006, 10:59 AM
I like the box but I think I would prefer w/o the Waves. Nice project , none the less.

Personal opinion plays a keen part in weather one likes or dislikes as well as pleasing SWMBO. :confused: Every time I present a new piece to "Herself" I get "Nice (pause) but...":(

Thanks for the posting....

donpbk
28th July 2006, 01:20 PM
For once I think wifey has got it wrong. It is a very nice box, and the design is innovative. You choice of wood is great too. Keep up the good work, and keep showing them to us. I always like to see new work- it gives me new ideas.
Donna Menke

Zed
28th July 2006, 03:35 PM
I agree with your wife... :rolleyes: