PDA

View Full Version : finger joint bit

JohnKerr
20th September 2002, 06:03 AM
I wish to buy a finger jointer bit. The prices seem to vary between $110 and $240. I have heard that some brands are not reliable. Anyone got any suggestions?

DarrylF
20th September 2002, 07:03 AM
Carbi-Tool are pretty good, but personally I prefer CMT. Carbatec sell their own (red bodies) that I've found to be fine too. Trend I've heard both good & bad about - mstly good - but I haven't used them. Depends on how much work you're going to put through I guess. Finger joints rely on fine tolerances - so personally I'd go for a better brand.

John Saxton
22nd September 2002, 10:11 PM
Jesada,DMT,are a couple more to add to your search criteria.
Carbi-Tool locally produced and a good product from experience..so your dollar stays here.
CMT Italian good quality another good quality bit ...costly but holds up under most stress's.
Jesada..looks good, comparitively priced.
DMT..out of Germany of quality but you have to look hard to find them here..also hold up well.

Also check out MIK International in Adelaide who also carry finger joint bits for the Leigh range.

HTP's
Cheers http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Johnno

Biggles
7th October 2002, 10:40 PM
I have the Cmt finger joining bit and it has performed very well as u would expect from the price I paid ... have used for a fair while on 32mm tas oak and no worries in a Hitachi TR12. Maybe a variable speed router may be advisable as the one i'm using is quite large and would be doing a fair rate of knots