PDA

View Full Version : My C12

TassieKiwi
28th July 2006, 03:11 PM
Ooooh it's nice writing that. Santa dropped it in to me today. Definately has that Festool knack of imprinting a smile on your face as you handle it. Will report back once I use it in anger.

Den

Auld Bassoon
28th July 2006, 05:41 PM
OK I'll bite. For sanity and wellbeing reasons, I don't frequent Festool's web site, so can you enlighten us on what a C12 is please?

Flowboy
28th July 2006, 06:06 PM
Mr Bassoon Sirrah,

Initially I thought it was C4 plastic explosive on steroids particularly when TK said he'd tell us more when he used it in anger, but a quick look at the Fesstool site reveals its a drill that tap dances on water

Rob

Auld Bassoon
28th July 2006, 06:32 PM
:d :d

TassieKiwi
30th July 2006, 11:13 PM
Well. There is drills. Then there is this. This is a DRILL. So there ya go. wow.

Groggy
30th July 2006, 11:46 PM
What's a C12? Steve? Where've ya been big guy? It's a cabinetmaker's wet dream. Take down your posters of Marilyn Monroe and put up a C12 piccy (http://www.idealtools.com.au/category3593_1.htm). If I was given one of these I'd drop my drawers and do the boogaloo.

Suffice to say, he's a lucky, lucky bastid!

Lignum
30th July 2006, 11:52 PM
What's a C12? Steve? Where've ya been big guy? It's a cabinetmaker's wet dream. Take down your posters of Marilyn Monroe and put up a C12 piccy (http://www.idealtools.com.au/category3593_1.htm). If I was given one of these I'd drop my drawers and do the boogaloo.

Suffice to say, he's a lucky, lucky bastid!

This is a thread im gunna avoid. Otherwise ill get the C12bug and have to get the pliers out and prise the C/C out of the wallet:(

Groggy
30th July 2006, 11:54 PM
This is a thread im gunna avoid. Otherwise ill get the C12bug and have to get the pliers out and prise the C/C out of the wallet:(G'arn Liggy, lookit the link, ya knows ya wanna :D:D:D. A man ain't a man unless he's lusting after something.

Lignum
31st July 2006, 12:00 AM
G'arn Liggy, lookit the link, ya knows ya wanna :D:D:D. A man ain't a man unless he's lusting after something.

Im still (after years and years) lusting after a Hitachi CB 75F:o

DJ’s Timber
31st July 2006, 01:11 AM
My brother got two :eek: not one,yes TWO given to him by his wife for his b/day
Boy they are great, now I want one too:( but it is a bit out of my price range :( :(

Cheers DJ

Lignum
31st July 2006, 01:21 AM
My brother got two :eek: not one,yes TWO given to him by his wife for his b/day

Geeze how lucky is your Brother to have a wife who will give him two Festos. Has she got a sister:o

DJ’s Timber
31st July 2006, 01:29 AM
Geeze how lucky is your Brother to have a wife who will give him two Festos. Has she got a sister:o

Unfortunetly no, but if she did I wouldn't tell you :D cause I would be chasing her:eek:

Cheers DJ

TassieKiwi
1st August 2006, 06:07 PM
Well folks, I've drilled, bored, screwed and, polished. 25mm auger through 90mm tas oak. High speed. Only baulked at the last 5mm. On low speed, no worries. Balanced, feather speed control. The offset and angle chucks are a marvel. There is that same 'pop' of vacuum as you slide a chuck off the drive - excellent machining. Tourque control is cool - cuts power once desired tourque is reached after 1/3 of a turn. A very useful unit - light and powerful. This thing even smells excellent!:D

Den

Auld Bassoon
1st August 2006, 06:25 PM
Take down your posters of Marilyn Monroe and put up a C12 piccy (http://www.idealtools.com.au/category3593_1.htm). If I was given one of these I'd drop my drawers and do the boogaloo.

Awww Poo! :eek: :D :D Now I'm going to have to expoxy my wallet closed. Again.:rolleyes: Must go and console myself by polishing some LN stuff ;)

Herr Doktor Professor Festool is an evil genius with maniacal plans to dominate (!) the wallets of all woodies everywhere. Ze Swine!

TassieKiwi
2nd August 2006, 11:19 AM
This reviewer is an electronics engineer, not on Herr Doktor's payroll, who offers the best explanation and objective review that I've come across - worth a read, even if you hate the evil Doktors gear:

http://www.festoolusa.com/Web_files/C12_technical_review.pdf

Lignum
2nd August 2006, 11:53 AM
Den, wish you would stop posting this nonsence, how am i supposed to feed or clothe myself now that i know i need a C12:(

TassieKiwi
2nd August 2006, 12:09 PM
Sorry mate. Whack out a run of chairs and a couple of tables with The Dom, and then get a cabinet commision that 'needs' the offset chuck thingy. :D

D

Flowboy
7th August 2006, 07:33 PM
Seems the Fests nest!!

I got the model that does underwear and sock changes, so you never need to leave the shed.

Rob

Flowboy
21st August 2006, 09:06 AM
Hi everyone,

I have been using my C12 for the last two days for preparing and mounting corner blocks, so here's what I think so far.
I have a Makita 18V 3 speed locking cordless chuck drill/driver which I use with great regularity. Seems to go forever on one battery. The C12 met my requirements as easily as the Mak. The battery however, seems to lose power reasonably quickly, as noticed by a decrease in drilling speed. I need to investigate this before further comment. The Centrotec system is brilliant. For drilling and then driving, I would typically use two tools, but with the Centrotec, its possible to remove the drill and install the driver (which has usually grabbed anything metal in the general area!) with one hand. In addition, I would advise anyone needing to countersink screws to buy the non burring countersinks. They are excellent and the little curlies they put out can be used to tell friends you're using a miniature plane. I'm looking forward to using the offset adaptor on some boxes very soon.
One more thing, the shape of the unit makes it very comfortable and easy to use in non vertical or tight situations.

Regards,

Rob

Groggy
21st August 2006, 06:39 PM
Flowboy, let the battery go through a number of charging cycles before you compare it. It can take a few tries before the battery is charging optimally.

Flowboy
21st August 2006, 09:28 PM
Hi Groggy,

Thanks for that. I didn't really think of comparing the Mak and C12 batteries, as they are two different beasts. But I did think the C12 batteries needed to "learn" what full charge is. One thing though, I think you get more warning of impending death with the C12.

Regards,

Rob