PDA

View Full Version : Shed dripping condensation

JB
29th July 2006, 11:12 AM
Heavy rain here over the past week and the shed's dripping condensation this morning (definitely not leaking roof). Over lots of new funrnitre which is great :eek: I'm putting a mill vent in for summer heat, but can't see this helping condensation if no wind. Any clues anyone?

DJ’s Timber
29th July 2006, 11:30 AM
G'day JB

I bet that your roof is not lined with anything. You need to get some of that foil sheet insulation. I have two sheds here and guess what, only one of them drips condensation. After I have finish settin up my second shed, I will be lining my first shed

Cheers DJ

Andy Mac
29th July 2006, 06:57 PM
Hi Jamie,
Trap it in bottles and send it up to Toowoomba!:D

Cheers,

floobyduster
29th July 2006, 08:36 PM
Hi JB
Yep, djstimber is correct - insulate, insulate !
Anything to keep the warm moist air from coming in contact with a cold surface will help. Foam sheeting, foil, plastic sheeting to create an air gap etc. The better job you do the better - it will also be of great benefit in the summer as well to help keep the shed cool. Got the roof painted white to reflect the heat? By the way - don't forget the same applies to the wall as well. Repetitive condensation can also be a cause for the structure to be affected by rust.

End of my tuppence worth.

JB
30th July 2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the tips. Looks like I'll be adding 'insulate ceiling' tothe list of chores. It is the first time it's happened in the four months I've been here; must have just been the right (or wrong) combination of inside and outside temperatures and moisture in the air. Heavy dews here last few nights too.

No point sending it to Toowoomba, Andy, I gather they're a bit fussy about what they drink up there. Can't even handle a bit of pooh in their water, the fusspots! :rolleyes:

echnidna
30th July 2006, 08:19 PM
All you lot on town water all drink fish poo anyway :D

Those of us on rainwater tanks drink bird poo. :D

Ivan in Oz
30th July 2006, 08:26 PM
>All you lot on town water all drink fish poo anyway
>Those of us on rainwater tanks drink bird poo

Bob,

I drink Sheep POO:eek: :D

BORE water from a shallow Bore
I'm not even a K1W1:o

JB
30th July 2006, 08:31 PM
Er, floobyduster, I see you live in Toowoomba. I'm sure you're not a fusspot. It's just that people on the Sunshine Coast reckon others further south (ie in Brisbane) should install the odd rainwater tank rather than let Beattie flood the Mary Valley for a dam to supply their water needs. Hell, while they're at it why don't they run a pipe from the toilet to the new tank, waste not want not, what?

Reminds me of the story of Gough Whitlam in India during Gandhi's time. As a fair dinkum spiritual type, Gandhi was in the habit of drinking a glass of his own urine first thing every morning.True, I believe. When Whitlam was told this he's said to have said: "Well I've heard of getting on the early, but that's ridiculous!"

floobyduster
31st July 2006, 02:07 PM
Hi JB - I think that the discussion on the what is or isn't in the water should be left to the existing thread, especially as the vote has ended.

However, I was back in NZ in June and there was LOTS of water over there!! :) Now, if only we could work out a way of exchanging some of it for some good old QLD sunshine I reckon both sides of the ditch would be happy :)