PDA

View Full Version : Wet Wood

Anthony
31st July 2006, 02:26 PM
Whilst using my 2000 WC , I was ripping a piece of Green wood , Pine , when the blade grabed the wood and Whooshh there go's the wood , unfortunatley my right hand went with it , my thumb went between the guard and the blade (I had the guard set to high) my thumb was cut both vertical along the bone and accross the bone , Because a saw blade is about 4 mm thick I lost a bit of meat and nerve so I dont have feeling on the whole left side of my right thumb , Still , If i Hadn't had the guard on at all I may have lost my hand . I had cut 5 pieces of the same wood prior to this particular piece but i had run out and got more wood at my local Hardware store , I continued cutting but this particular piece was the only still wet piece in the bunch , I can smell the sap in it and it was slightly sticky .
I have herd similar stories about using wet wood but now i know a little bit better

Doughboy
31st July 2006, 02:29 PM
Vigilance my boy vigilance. hope you recover soon so you can have revenge!!!!

Pete

Wood Borer
31st July 2006, 02:58 PM
Sorry to hear of the unfortunate incident, I hope you recover and welcome to the Bulletin Board - next post will be a good news story I hope.

Wild Dingo
31st July 2006, 03:14 PM
another horror story... and someone else with "war wounds"... hope it heals quick and you get stuck in ASAP

Welcom to the board by the by :cool:

Anthony
31st July 2006, 03:32 PM
another horror story... and someone else with "war wounds"... hope it heals quick and you get stuck in ASAP

Welcom to the board by the by :cool:
sorry it wasn't ment to be a horror story , just a warning to newbies to be carefull with wet wood , and I am already back into it (Havn't had the stitches out yet) I finnished the job I started .

Tankstand
31st July 2006, 05:36 PM
Welcome to the forum Anthony.

Wishing you a speedy recovery all the way from Christies Beach!

RufflyRustic
31st July 2006, 05:49 PM
Geez, how to start out with a bang!!

Commisserations Anthony. I''ve only just regained 99% feeling in the tip of one finger from a couple of accidents oh, about 2 years ago now. Good luck I hope you heal quickly and enjoy the Best Forum around (imho) while doing so.

Cheers
Wendy

scooter
31st July 2006, 09:31 PM
Bugger, Anthony :eek:

Hope you're on the mend, & welcome to the forums :)

Cheers.................Sean

Harry72
31st July 2006, 10:33 PM
Ouch!