PDA

View Full Version : First Bandsaw Box Attempt

Sir Stinkalot
31st July 2006, 11:11 PM
Ok .... I had the camera out due to the July pen swap so I thought I would photograph some of my previous work.

This is my first attempt at bandsaw boxes ..... no prize for guessing where the plan comes from (hey we all must make all the boxes from the book at one stage).

The timber is old packing creates from Ford Motor Company. It will be something from south east asia, I have seen turned balustrades made from it also. It is a little plain however I didn't want to use anything too flash in case I stuffed the first one up.

The handle is a small off cut of Jarrah decking, it is my own design as I couldn't be bothered returning to the house to get the book again.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/Sir_Stinkalot2525/BB2.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/Sir_Stinkalot2525/BB1.jpg

Sturdee
31st July 2006, 11:30 PM
Nice work. I especially like the handle, contrasting yet fitting to the design of the box.

Peter.

Sculptured Box
31st July 2006, 11:43 PM
Sir Stinkalot

Thanks for demonstrating that a good looking box can be made from packing crates!

Wild Dingo
1st August 2006, 02:47 AM
Now I dont know about anyone else but that is one sexy box mate! :cool: I mean all flowing and the grains come out sweet as and the Jarrah looks stunning as an accessory... well done! :cool:

RufflyRustic
1st August 2006, 09:39 AM
Congrats! A lovely first box.

cheers
Wendy

Hickory
1st August 2006, 12:17 PM
Tis a Loverly piece of work... I have the same book, Gathered some Packing Crates and laminated a chunk as well now all I need is A round 2 It and the courage to begin. Hope mine turns out as well as yours.

ptc
1st August 2006, 12:47 PM
Keep them coming.

it gets in the blood.

AlexS
1st August 2006, 01:40 PM
That is indeed a nice box Stinky. the grain alignment works well, and your handle harmonises with the rest of the box.

Barrie Restall
1st August 2006, 04:53 PM
Nice box, like the wood, keep at it.

Barrie Restall

Babytoolman
2nd August 2006, 08:04 AM
It is a good looking box. Nice finish on it as well.