PDA

View Full Version : Laminated Benchtops

Larry LP
2nd August 2006, 09:01 PM
G'day; I'm new at this but would like info on whether anyone in Perth knows where I could get laminated benchtops that I have bought cut to size. My problem is that the Kitchen is C shaped so the joins need to be cut to 45 degrees and people are telling me it's not as simple as it looks. Your help with this would be great.

renomart
3rd August 2006, 06:57 PM
Do you know if your walls are square? What depth are the benchtops. How much are they oversize?

Do you have a plunge router?

Larry LP
3rd August 2006, 10:42 PM
The kitchen isn't far off being square, I feel the splash back will take care of any discrepencies as all benches have overhead cabinets and I can pack the wall out a bit. The benches are 606mm deep. One bench is 215mm over, I have one that will make up both corners one at 1000mm long the other 800mm from a 1860mm top. The breakfast bar needs 200mm removed but one end butts up against a wall. I can get hold of a plunge router

renomart
3rd August 2006, 11:56 PM
Righto then, check out this info (http://www.dgi.com.au/bench1.html) from my buddies at DGI. It is as simple as it looks. :) Follow steps 3 and 7. You don't have to biscuit the joints. Silicon mitre joins before tightening bolts. Then stand back and admire your handiwork!

Larry LP
4th August 2006, 10:25 PM
Thanks Renomart the information from DGI is what I was looking for. I will be working on the bench tops next weekend so I will let you know how it went. Thanks again