PDA

View Full Version : possum

John Saxton
23rd May 2002, 08:31 PM
Whilst it's desirable to have a home in the midst of the bush...it occasionally have it's downside...ie.living with co-habitants of the area.

Question:- How does one remove Possum stains from gyprock ceilings?

I've laid out a cat trap for this sucker complete with peanut butter on bread where we reckon he's getting in and if that fails then it's the f*****g crossbow treatment http://www.ubeaut.biz/machinegun.gif .
Try bein' nice ..layin' out tucker for the sucker ..he ain't buyin' I aint stuffin'around ..about to get nasty!

------------------
Johnno

Kev Y.
23rd May 2002, 09:31 PM
John, you might want to try sealing the stain with some shellac, then repaint the ceiling. As for the smell, well I could suggest a nice cheap purfume..

As for the Culprit.. Have you seen "Caddy Shack" lately? hahaha..

------------------
IF at first you don't succeed, relax your normal.

John Saxton
29th May 2002, 09:12 PM
Dept of Conservation & Land Mangement(calm) here in WA reckon that Napthaline Flakes sprinkled around are the go.Well we reckon he might have gone ..which pleases 'Er Indoors without the bloodletting and removal of carcase.

------------------
Johnno

Red neck
29th May 2002, 11:52 PM
Doorstop,

Tried that once with my 30/30. Ricocheted and blew the crap out of the hot water system. Bugger!

RN

Tristan Croll
30th May 2002, 02:09 PM
I know the feeling. Was sitting in the lounge reading a book one day, when I felt something wet hit my hand. Looked around, looked up... big, smelly wet patch appearing in the ceiling. Little buggers play havoc with the lights, as well (haven't managed to electrocute any yet, unfortunately...).

soundman
1st June 2002, 11:18 PM
I have heard that peanut butter and a realy fruity jam is a superior bait.
Unfortunately you cant shoot wat you cant see.
Unless you have a large supply of spack filler and take pot shots through the cieling.

ubeaut
2nd June 2002, 09:49 AM
I can attest to the fact that the napthalene flakes work. Not only will you rid your roof and wall cavities of possums but also rats and mice, they all hate it.

soundman
2nd June 2002, 07:55 PM
Now thats real handy information.
I was aware that small invertabrate critters hated napthalene.
I suppose if you use enough of it you'll drive anything away, I'm not fond of the stuff myself.
Of all the new age, tree hugging, alternative stuff about I havn't heard this one.
The possibilities are endless.