PDA

View Full Version : International Wil(l)son day.

Sturdee
3rd August 2006, 04:59 PM
Today is the official international Wil(l)son day where we recognise the good work done over the centuries by Wil(l)sons everywhere.

Thus it is appropriate that we recognise the work of our own member Bob Willson. So have a good Willson day Bob.:D

Peter.

Felder
3rd August 2006, 05:21 PM
Well I'd like to thank whichever Wilson inspired the road "Wilson Way" in Blaxland, NSW.(Blue Mountains)

A quick Google search gives me little to go on, except that it may have been the convict 'John Wilson' who managed to explore some of the Lower Blue Mountains before finding himself somewhere near Mittagong.:eek:

But based on some of the other names around the place being named after early engineers / explorers (ie Blaxland itself) / and surveyors, I reckon he was probably just the bloke who built the road.

Whoever you are, Mr Wilson - I thank you for the existence of Wilson Way, a road I use every day to get me to work.

PS - Tim The Toolman's neighbour was a pretty good 'Wilson' too.

Bob Willson
4th November 2006, 08:10 AM
Today is the official international Wil(l)son day where we recognise the good work done over the centuries by Wil(l)sons everywhere.

Thus it is appropriate that we recognise the work of our own member Bob Willson. So have a good Willson day Bob.:D

Peter.

Damn. I didn't see this when you posted it Peter. It would have been a very good excuse for a party. Thank you for your good wishes, no matter how belatedly I actually got them. :D

PS Drive carefully on my road Brendan.

oges
4th November 2006, 11:09 AM
thankyou mr wilson ..... dennis