PDA

View Full Version : Bed hardware

masoth
3rd August 2006, 09:46 PM
I've made a timber mattress-base to fit a "king size single bed" for my grand daughter - all is well, except I now cannot find the mortise and tennon type of metal fitting traditionally used to mount the head/foot boards.
I'm after the hook and knockdown style - not the slide. Neither Bunnings nor Mitre 10 have them, so if anyone has recently noticed this type of thing please tell me where. Plenty of web sites refer to them but all these suppliers are overseas.
Many thanks for any on-line leads,

soth:mad:

Sprog
3rd August 2006, 10:06 PM
I've made a timber mattress-base to fit a "king size single bed" for my grand daughter - all is well, except I now cannot find the mortise and tennon type of metal fitting traditionally used to mount the head/foot boards.
I'm after the hook and knockdown style - not the slide. Neither Bunnings nor Mitre 10 have them, so if anyone has recently noticed this type of thing please tell me where. Plenty of web sites refer to them but all these suppliers are overseas.
Many thanks for any on-line leads,

soth:mad:

These are the best type, no movement at all

Bed Brackets (http://www.timbecon.com.au/productsearch/default.aspx?txtSearchBox=HDBB-2)

Ben (TM)
4th August 2006, 09:58 AM
I found it hard to get them too. I ended up getting the bloke at Capt'n Snooze to get them for me when I ordered my mattress.

Unlike the one's posted above, I prefer the one's with the locating hook at the top

masoth
4th August 2006, 10:01 AM
Yes Ben, the one Sprog identified is what I tried to describe as un-usable by me, because of the planned leg placement. I do thank him for posting though.

Bob38S
4th August 2006, 11:14 AM
I believe Timbecon in Perth has them [they used to] - ring them or check out their website if you get stuck.
Regards,
Bob

TassieKiwi
4th August 2006, 12:19 PM
I have 8 of these

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=3&p=50302&cat=3,40842,41269&ap=1

and 4 of these

- woodcraft site not on line. They're the type you're after methinks. I will post a pic later.

Have a look at this method too - post #24:

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=17000&highlight=10%2C000

If you want them I would charge whatever the web price was, post free. (nearly christmas anyway)

masoth
4th August 2006, 08:22 PM
TassieK, if this is the site you are offering:
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=3269
then yes that hardware is exactly what I WAS after. WAS, because having spent a few days searching the www, making phone calls, etc., I changed my plans and have bolted the legs to the bed base. Not ideal, but it needs to be finished.
Thanks for your input.

soth

Carry Pine
5th August 2006, 12:17 PM
Sprog is right, although as you say they will not fit your construction. Sprog was good enough to post the price at on the Timebecon website- $29. My local bed supplier who i have bought 2 beds and 2 lounges from gave me a bargain on the hardware at $48....not impressed!
Carry Pine

elraco.com.au
9th August 2006, 10:06 AM
I know it promoting our website, but how else can I let you all know?

On our website www.elraco.com.au under "BRACKETS" - "BED BRACKETS" we have a number of different types.

The ones I used on my bed were the BBM

I weigh a "little" more than 100 kg my wife weighs only 50kg (I hope she sees this):)

Click on the picture for more information and a larger image.

If you need more information email

[email protected]

havagoodwun

Carry Pine
9th August 2006, 10:51 AM
How can there be a price range $5.40-$10-80? Does that mean $10.80 for 2 sets?
Carry Pine

KevM
9th August 2006, 02:07 PM
How can there be a price range $5.40-$10-80? Does that mean $10.80 for 2 sets?
Carry Pine

I had to search, but as per the instructions, click on the picture and all will be revealed.

QTY 1+ 50+ 200+
Price Each
(Inc. GST) $10.820 $6.490 $5.410

Kev M

elraco.com.au
9th August 2006, 02:16 PM
Carry

I will have to change that on the website to make it clearer that there are price breaks for quantity.:confused:
Just another thing to fix

Thank you Kev for being of assistance:)