PDA

View Full Version : Record Lathe Set Up

LizB
4th August 2006, 05:11 PM
Hi,
Has anyone got installation instructions for a Record 3AS lathe (blue) which I've just bought and need to re-assemble? Whilst the solid steel rods are symmetrical the rest of the gear isn't. The clamps and rod stands seem to be slightly different front/back. i.e. the rod stands have 2 bevels on one side and one bevel on the other!
Many Thanks

lubbing5cherubs
5th August 2006, 12:21 AM
Hi Liz, sorry can't help but wanted to say welcome
Toni

Ironwood
5th August 2006, 10:06 AM
G'day Liz,
I went and had a look at my record CL3 AS, it seems to have symetrical supports. if yours are different i would just assemble it making sure that the single and double bevels are on the same rod, to make sure that the rods stay parrallel to each other. if you want a copy of the manual , i might be able to dig mine out if i start looking. let me know i'll see if i can scan it and email it to you

Ozartisan
6th August 2006, 10:59 PM
Hi Liz
I managed to score a new Record about a year ago - still to put it together - been waiting till I finish the workshop...
Anyway - when I did, I also had no manual - got onto their website, sent them an email asking for a manual (praised the gear a bit etc!!) & they emailed a PDF version of the entire manual... great service.
Try this link:
http://www.recordpower.co.uk/index.pl?c=LATHES
They have downloads available for all their current lathes on that site.
If you don't do any good on the site - just send them an email from there.
Good Luck
Peter

LizB
8th August 2006, 04:21 PM
Thank you so much for all the replies. I did assemble the machine at the week-end although not game yet to turn it on! The head and tail stock don't quite match up, about 4mm's out, another reason for the manual!!
As per your suggestion, I've emailed Record as well to see if they can assist. Mind you I had to use my old UK address to get past the validation on the post code!

QbnDusty
8th August 2006, 06:36 PM
Hi Liz
My CL2 36 manual says the single pad or bevel as you call it goes to the front of the bench.
Welcome and enjoy your great lathe.:)

Ray153
9th August 2006, 08:06 PM
I was cleaning up some old boxes yesterday in the garage and found my instructionmanual for my record lathe. If you still need a copy, let me know and I will scan it for you.