PDA

View Full Version : Domino

John Saxton
4th August 2006, 11:00 PM
With the Domino,I wonder has anyone who has one, used either the Cross Stop or the Trim Stop and their considered opinion on whether they're worth the money as add ons as I'm considering a job that requires some narrow defines and in end grain,similar to that shown on the DVD.
I was wondering whether a jig made up might be an option.

Cheers:)

patr
5th August 2006, 01:57 AM
Hi John

Yes. Saddo that I am, I bought both add-ons and have used the small trim stop the most. It is an excellent addition to the versatility of the Domi and makes the plunging action so much more accurate (and safe). It is an excellent aid if you have loads of slats to domi for example. I have used the cross stop on some wide boards and again it makes a mockery of time consuming marking out and badly spaced and innaccurate biscuit or dowel holes. I believe them to be excellent additions.

In the UK you can get them for £20 each which like all Festool stuff is not cheap but they are designed to compliment the tool and do add value.

Regards
Pat

Lignum
5th August 2006, 11:28 AM
John, i dont have the small centering add on for small peices, but i will one day. For now i just make my own jigs. But the add on Pins ARE A MUST. They are brilliant and they make measuring your joins childs play. Go get em:D

Oh and Festool tell us that they go up to 205mm. Well mine saflely go up to 222mm. And soon as i get my acrylic sheet (still waiting:rolleyes: ) i will be making a small add on plate that i will post here, it will fix via a 5mm hole on the longer add on pin and have a 5mm elongated slot that runs through the sprung pin so you can adjust the add on plate from 10mm up to the 100mm on the add on wings giving you a range fron 10mm - 222mm:)

Flowboy
5th August 2006, 12:31 PM
John,

I bought them, but haven't used them yet I agree with Lignum that the wider pins have to make panel work a doddle and I agree with PatR that there's no need to reinvent the wheel. The add ons are about $70 each and will probably make life more than $140 easier.

Regards

Rob

warmtone
5th August 2006, 07:27 PM
John, I can also confirm the versatility of the two accessories mentioned somewhere in my original feedback on the Domi...... I used both of these whilst making the stool project that came with my kit - completely avoiding the need to mark out.

I always buy my Festool tools with the accessories I need ...... and yes, I find you can usually negotiate on these lttle "extras" and save a bit of money in the long run!

Brian

John Saxton
6th August 2006, 12:42 AM
Thanks all for your responses,I have ordered them now as I have reviewed the DVD and can see the full merit of having them.

I had contemplated making up jigs out of some lexcen sheet I have on hand which could have held me possibley in good stead, however this is where the comments of those of you who have them are borne out, in that to stick primatily with the manufacturer's add-ons is more complimentary to the tool.

Cheers:)