PDA

View Full Version : Superglue

noeleen
5th August 2006, 03:47 PM
Can anyone help me on how to remove superglue from laminex in kitchen. I have tried nail polish remover, petrol, turps, kero, with no luck at all.

Many thanks.

journeyman Mick
6th August 2006, 12:54 AM
Noeleen,
I've had partial success using thinners for 2 pack polyurethane paint. This is extremely nasty stuff and will strip all the oils out of your skin so be careful using it.

Mick

maglite
6th August 2006, 01:17 AM
try some stuff called DESOLVIT
made from citrus and is very effective on all manner of sticky stuff.
the longer is left the better it works......can be bought from bunny's or most hardware stores and supermarkets.

savage
6th August 2006, 01:39 AM
Can anyone help me on how to remove superglue from laminex in kitchen. I have tried nail polish remover, petrol, turps, kero, with no luck at all.

Many thanks.

Noeleen, usually nail polish remover is the go as it contains "Acetone", but due to the nasty effects it can have, most removers are now "Green".

You can still buy Acetone at your local hardware, but be careful as it may affect the laminex top, and the super glue may have already eaten into the surface and scarred it.

P.S. This may sound funny, but if it was you you wouldn't see the funny side, when super glue first hit the market some idiots thought it would be funny to put some on a public toilet seat. Needless to say the emergency services had to be called to release the unfortunate backside from the seat, Acetone was carried in all N.S.W.Fire Trucks from then on.

I have been on a railway station at the time of one of these rescues, they either released the victim there and then or removed the seat and went to the hospital for the removal.