PDA

View Full Version : just about finished tricycle

Harry II
5th August 2006, 10:33 PM
just a few pics of my latest vehicle, no need to worry about petrol prices any more:rolleyes: ;)

Jill
5th August 2006, 11:52 PM
Amazing work of art, Harry! It would get people wondering when they saw the wheel tracks!! It would look like three snakes had travelled in tandem!

Cheers,

Jill

Wild Dingo
6th August 2006, 01:34 AM
ooooooooowww!! damn that would hurt the fambly jools!! :eek: ooops sorry my imagination kicked in :o

Great artwork :cool:

dan_tom
6th August 2006, 08:25 AM
Very surrealist! What media have you used? It looks kind of blue?

Cheers
Dan

Harry II
6th August 2006, 10:09 AM
hi dantom
I've used local tea tree that ended up on the beach, stripped of its bark, shaped a little, painted with metalic and other colours, rubbed back with wet and dry, painted rubbed back again etc. Huon pine for the hearts, copper wire for the spokes, tea tree roots for the wheels and hubs, copper rod for the pedal arms, brass ex plumbing fittings were used inside the hub to slot and screw onto/into the axles back and front. Another type of tea tree for the bird, salt/viniger and cloudy amonia to oxidise both brass and copper.

Fireman sam
6th August 2006, 10:24 AM
that is a very interesting bike I like it glad to see someone with a good imagination :) :D
Andrew

Andy Mac
6th August 2006, 11:01 AM
Hello harry,
That is really amazing, beautiful and unique. Keep up the inspiring work!:)

Regards,

Wardy
6th August 2006, 11:37 AM
hi harry
what fantastic art sculpture mate. how many hours did it take to complete ?
cheers
wardy:)

Harry II
6th August 2006, 01:54 PM
Hi Wardy
I don't count the hours much but one heart takes about 2 hours from go to woe (hand carved and sanded to 1200 grit), thats 44 hearts x 2hrs = 88hrs to start with. I don't know, say about 150hrs or so guestimate.

ozwinner
6th August 2006, 06:36 PM
Byoodiful, I like the bike a lot.

Al :)

urban-wombat
6th August 2006, 06:51 PM
:) Great work...:)

zenwood
6th August 2006, 06:56 PM
Very cool quirky piece. I like the look of the timber, and the delightful ramshackleness.

AlexS
6th August 2006, 08:55 PM
Great trike Harry. Can you give some details of the oxidation process please?

Harry II
6th August 2006, 09:16 PM
Hi AlexS
oxidation process: mix ordinary table salt with white vinager (although I have used apple, red wine and balsamic vinagers, all are weak acids) into a paste, well, a gritty paste. Apply to copper or brass, oxidation takes about 12 hours but can be quickened by sufficating the object in cloudy ammonia fumes by containing in a air tight box/container/bag, if that's not possible make sure the object gets as much ammonia fumes as possible. Note, the ammonia shouldn't get in contact with the object, just its fumes, but it won't blow up if it does:D . Repeated doses of the above will increase the colour (acid green/blue).
Kind regards to all
Harry

jow104
6th August 2006, 09:17 PM
Compliments. I bet you are good with ink spots as well.

Harry II
6th August 2006, 09:25 PM
Hi jow104
matter of fact I used Indian ink on the triycle, got to watch it though, it sinks deep down into wood quickly, sanding it off is not an option except if the wood used isn't very porus. If you mean I'd be good with ink spots because I'm a little m a d, round the bend, roo lose in the top paddock, your right, stark raving mad:D