PDA

View Full Version : Repair Leaking Cement Bird Bath

barrysumpter
1st January 2003, 01:11 PM
Hi all,
Anyone have any suggestions as how to repair a leaking birdbath?

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer
Triton Woodworkers Club Holmesglen (http://www.ubeaut.biz/triton.html)

Stuart
1st January 2003, 10:45 PM
What's it leaking from? - Crack: something like Milliputt will do the trick (2 part solid epoxy- will set underwater) General weeping via capillary action through concrete, then Bunnings sells a range of concrete sealers. Used a can on my shed floor which was bringing in a heap of water. Worked a treat.

BenFiggis
17th March 2003, 02:37 PM
If you don't mind it being black, you can coat it with Gripset 51 bitument paint. I sealed a big cracked pot to use as a fish pond and it worked a treat.

- Ben

Taffy
15th May 2003, 10:00 PM
Barry, There is a produc called "Wattle multi surface water repellent" which you can buy at bunnings, Make sure you clean the mildew off first.
If the leak is serious a product called "Drizoro" by Maxseal is a cement type powder that is grey when finished and you mix with water and paint it on with a rough brush.
Being as birdbaths are around $30 is it worth the trouble, unless of course it is a special item.

Zed
9th July 2003, 04:30 PM
Hi,

It depends on whether its a glss finished ceramic, if its gloss you may be stuffed, if its still porous some liquid nails if the top has simply separated from the bottom, if its a crack use some silicone and while its still soft gently embed some correctly coloured sand into it.

or you could throw it away and get a new one!!

(Where my mum lives only those bastard indian miner birds use it).

Zed