PDA

View Full Version : Jigsaw 1 Finger 0

meerkat
10th August 2006, 02:38 PM
Well ever have one of those thoughts as you are cutting away... you know the one, I should be careful, watch where your fingers are etc :rolleyes: and then

BANG

then the next thoughts are geez that hurts !!! then you stupid F$#(*$@$@ idiot, then uh oh what is the wife gonna say to oh this is REALLY gonna hurt.

Yep it was my turn, jigsaw took out a chuck just above the first joint on my index finger. Of course the index has soooooo many nerve endings etc.:o

Anyhoo after a local, three stitches and a tetnus shot i have another battle scar to talk about.:cool:

I consider myself STUPID and lucky.:(

Wongo
10th August 2006, 02:57 PM
We want pictures mate.:D

Oh and Im sorry.

meerkat
10th August 2006, 03:19 PM
We want pictures mate.:D

Oh and Im sorry.
Sorry I didn't get one from before the doc got to it. ;):D

So Sorry I lied I did but deleted it and just got it back. Bit blurry and doesn't quite do it justice

Daddles
10th August 2006, 03:56 PM
I was going to be sympathetic but here he is giving us the finger :eek:

Ya silly barsteward. How'd you manage to get your finger in there anyway? (inside the noisy choppy thing)

Richard

meerkat
10th August 2006, 04:35 PM
I was going to be sympathetic but here he is giving us the finger :eek:

Ya silly barsteward. How'd you manage to get your finger in there anyway? (inside the noisy choppy thing)

Richard

Well it all started when I turned it on. You see there was this funny thing moving up and down and it didn't look sharp or dangerous:p

To be honest I can't remember how it got that close. I was supporting the offcut then it happened. I didn't realise my finger was so long. Maybe I should go check all my digits and appendages just in case they grew too ;):eek:

RufflyRustic
10th August 2006, 04:51 PM
owwwwwwwwww!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Glad you still have that finger

Wendy

meerkat
10th August 2006, 07:03 PM
Well here is a blurry shot for you Wongo ...

Stuart
10th August 2006, 07:52 PM
Well it all started when I turned it on. You see there was this funny thing moving up and down and it didn't look sharp or dangerous:p

To be honest I can't remember how it got that close. I was supporting the offcut then it happened. I didn't realise my finger was so long.
It ain't as long now :rolleyes:

Wood Butcher
10th August 2006, 08:07 PM
Isn't it amazing how fascinated we are by wanting to see the pain and suffering that other woodie inflict on themselves?:D

Auld Bassoon
10th August 2006, 08:39 PM
Bad luck Mate! I hope it heals up full and quickly. Jigsaws can leave quite ragged cuts (don't ask me how I know :( ).

Isn't it strange that so many accidents happen when we are thinking "I must be careful here"...

zenwood
10th August 2006, 11:52 PM
Isn't it amazing how fascinated we are by wanting to see the pain and suffering that other woodie inflict on themselves?:D
The germans have a word for it: Schadenfreude.

Isn't it funny how much flesh is softer than wood?

All the best for the recovery.

Schtoo
11th August 2006, 12:23 AM
And this is from the fella who won himself a bunch of bandsawn box plans.

Methinks you better invest in some chainmail gloves before you even consider making them boxes, or just send the plans to me so I can make sure you save them valuable fingers.

(Alls I can honestly say is ouchie, get well soon. Not saying any more in case I tempt fate...)

swiftden
11th August 2006, 10:30 AM
All the best for recovery! Main thing is you still got the finger :)

Caliban
12th August 2006, 12:15 AM
ouch
If it's any consolation, you're probably the best person to use a jigsaw now that you have learnt the hard way to respect it.
Same as me with ladders and tablesaws.

tashammer
31st August 2006, 12:49 PM
how did you get the table saw up the ladder then?

Ivan in Oz
31st August 2006, 03:40 PM
Hey!!!!
WONGO:( :( :mad:

We Do NOT want pictures,
or Photographs:p

Meerkat,
Sorry for you,
Been there some time back,
Just after telling the Kids for them to be careful:o :o

Stuart
31st August 2006, 03:50 PM
And this is from the fella who won himself a bunch of bandsawn box plans.

Methinks you better invest in some chainmail gloves before you even consider making them boxes, or just send the plans to me so I can make sure you save them valuable fingers.

(Alls I can honestly say is ouchie, get well soon. Not saying any more in case I tempt fate...)

Just a thought - hope noone takes the chainmail glove joke (?) seriously.....good way to loose a hand rather than just a finger......fwiw