PDA

View Full Version : you greedy pack'a'swines...

Zed
10th August 2006, 08:35 PM
Theres 12 of you swines (http://www.agr.state.nc.us/cyber/kidswrld/general/barnyard/jpgs/vet205.jpg) connected to my PC stealing MY software as a type :D :p !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how dare you - keep up the good work!:)

echnidna
10th August 2006, 08:48 PM
Theres 12 of you swines (http://www.agr.state.nc.us/cyber/kidswrld/general/barnyard/jpgs/vet205.jpg) connected to my PC stealing MY software as a type :D :p !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how dare you - keep up the good work!:)

tsk tsk

Aint it a shame when we have ter pull a mod up :rolleyes:

It ain't a pack of swine, thu cirrect term is a flock of ..... :D

Gumby
10th August 2006, 09:21 PM
man establishes confirmed link with apes. :cool:

BTW, I'm helping. downloaded 165MB, uploaded 115MB already. (maybe I've got the soundman bug :D :D )

Stuart
10th August 2006, 09:32 PM
Is that the bug that makes you post lots of verbose comments about nothing?

Wood Butcher
10th August 2006, 09:48 PM
man establishes confirmed link with apes. :cool:

BTW, I'm helping. downloaded 165MB, uploaded 115MB already. (maybe I've got the soundman bug :D :D )

I'm the same downloaded 172MB uploaded 96MB. (We've obviously got the same bug:rolleyes: )

Cliff Rogers
10th August 2006, 10:12 PM
I think somebody has to explain all the things that need setting after a new install of this Azureus thingy 'cos I've stumbled over a few of the weird settings that have to be tweaked but mine doesn't start uploading till it has the full copy in the share area.
I have 512/128 ADSL.
I have set the ratio setting to 1.1:1 as the azureuswiki said.
I have up & down speeds set to unlimited
I have opened up port 25877

I must have missed something in thousands of knobs & dials that can be tweaked & twiddled. :o

Zed
10th August 2006, 10:14 PM
uninstall it and reinstall. set it at beginner mode....

Gumby
10th August 2006, 10:27 PM
I think somebody has to explain all the things that need setting after a new install of this Azureus thingy 'cos I've stumbled over a few of the weird settings that have to be tweaked but mine doesn't start uploading till it has the full copy in the share area.
I have 512/128 ADSL.
I have set the ratio setting to 1.1:1 as the azureuswiki said.
I have up & down speeds set to unlimited
I have opened up port 25877

I must have missed something in thousands of knobs & dials that can be tweaked & twiddled. :o

doesn't that make you a leech ? :D

I haven't had to tweak any of those numbers. The only thing I've changed from the ninitial setup is the port being used. It's always uploaded from scratch here. Is the port in AZ you have set 25877 ? maybe try changing to 39475

Cliff Rogers
10th August 2006, 10:35 PM
uninstall it and reinstall. set it at beginner mode....

That is how I installed it.

Cliff Rogers
10th August 2006, 10:42 PM
doesn't that make you a leech ? :D
Which bit????? :confused:

What should I have the Upload/Download speeds set to for 512/128?

I haven't had to tweak any of those numbers. The only thing I've changed from the ninitial setup is the port being used. It's always uploaded from scratch here. Is the port in AZ you have set 25877 ? maybe try changing to 39475

I don't have NAT problems.:cool:
25877 is the port my copy of Azureus selected so I went to my Router & opened that port in the firewall. It passes the tests.

It didn't share by default, even in beginner mode, I had to work out how to turn that on.
I hasn't started uploading anything until I have a full copy of it & then it stopped uploading the files that I have after it shared it about 1.3 times.

I'm confused. :confused:

Gumby
10th August 2006, 10:44 PM
That is how I installed it.
Just a thought. Have you got it set to move completed file to another directory ? maybe Az is looking at that directory for the file to upload but it isn't there until it's completed and moved automatically.

Cliff Rogers
10th August 2006, 10:57 PM
Just a thought. Have you got it set to move completed file to another directory ? maybe Az is looking at that directory for the file to upload but it isn't there until it's completed and moved automatically.

Nope, download & upload are happening to/from the same place.

There must be something in the queue settings that I'm missing.
Can you post what your settings are under Options > Queue > Seeding & the 3 sub folders?

May just post screen snaps to save typing.

Cliff Rogers
10th August 2006, 11:07 PM
OK, I have just read this & had a dick with the settings to see what happens.

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Ignore_Rules

& I'm now reading this....

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Good_settings

I'll get back to you.

Gumby
11th August 2006, 12:21 AM
Just in case you need them.....

I shrunk them a bit too much but i think you'll be able to make them out

Cliff Rogers
11th August 2006, 01:08 AM
Ta, yours are bog brainless (clueless?) beginner default 'cept for the 'super seed' tick.

I had a play with the 'good settings' & ignore rules & I now have 2 coming in & upto 4 going out.
For some reason it is only sharing one of the incoming 2 at any one time & flatuating around between the 4 complete files that I have.

I suspect that some of the problem is that I already have the ones that aren't getting hammered & I'm competing for bandwidth on the popular ones.