PDA

View Full Version : More firewood

Farnk
12th August 2006, 06:50 PM
Hi everyone,
Finally got some shed time over the past week and finished off some more 'firewood'.

These pieces have been turned from some sleeper ends that I rescued from the FIL's woodpile. Turned whilst still wet, I've had some success with Andy's microwaving process and some great natural warping as the half finished timber dries.

There are a couple of cracks here and therebut these were in the timber originally, it's held together remarkably well as it's dried. Apols for the dodgy photography...:D

Anyway, pix!

Caveman
12th August 2006, 06:55 PM
Hey Farnk - nice work. I like your idea of firewood! Great rescue. You turned them nice and thin. I like the look of the larger of the 3 together.

Farnk
12th August 2006, 06:59 PM
Thanks mate, that one was a bit of an experiment with having the recess in the middle. Still not sure about it and there's enough meat in the piece left to turn it out.

Opinions?

hughie
12th August 2006, 07:03 PM
There are a couple of cracks here and therebut these were in the timber originally, it's held together remarkably well as it's dried. Apols for the dodgy photography...:D

Farnk,
Nice looking work. Shame about the cracks...hmmm maybe Meths/DNA might be the answer. I have not had much better luck myself with redgum, meths is for my next attempt

I see your a graduate of the same foto skool as my self :D
The Point, Shoot, Curse, Skool of Fine Images :D

Skew ChiDAMN!!
12th August 2006, 07:43 PM
Good salvage! There's some beautiful figuring in there and your forms show it off nicely. :) Firewood, my ####...