PDA

View Full Version : Bosch POF1100AE plunge problem

occam
12th August 2006, 06:54 PM
One of my routers is a Bosch POF1100 AE, which has not had much use.
Today I needed to round some edges, and set the plunger as precise as it permits - but results were bad; it looked like the depth setting had slipped a millimeter or two. After some trial and error I found that AFTER the plunge had been locked, there is a difference of 1-2 mm in height depending on if you press down on the machine, or not.
Not even my cheapest router does anything like that. But, before attempting to get the router fixed on warranty: is this 'play' acceptable (or even normal, depending on brand) or is this something I should expect to get fixed on warranty?

Auld Bassoon
12th August 2006, 07:04 PM
I've got a GOF100ACE and the depth stop works extremely well. The micro adjuster being especially useful for fractional adjustment.

I'd suggest that you take your machine to a Bosch outlet and have them see if it's out of spec of whatever.

Bob38S
14th August 2006, 10:51 AM
Seems very strange - "AFTER the plunge had been locked...." - surely the depth should now not be going anywhere - let alone "1-2mm".

Check that everything is clean and appears to function like it should - if the problem still persists then certainly talk to Bosch.
Bob

occam
14th August 2006, 12:27 PM
Checked everything - no other problems (router even works nicely if a CONSTANT down pressure is applied). Talked to Bosch; they told me to get the router to a service centre.