PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Red gumboy

Flowboy
12th August 2006, 08:22 PM
Hi everyone,
In the spirit of not lurking behind avatars, this was taken by SWMBO.
It's me with trusty (or crusty) FEQ 150 in hand, in the middle of sanding my redgum chairs, through from 80-400 grit. Note the general pink patina over everything uncovered. Red Gumboy is not meant to be offensive to Gumby either.

Regards,

Rob

namtrak
12th August 2006, 08:39 PM
Hawthorn? You poor poor man!!!!

Groggy
12th August 2006, 10:06 PM
Dude :eek:

You have to turn the vacuum cleaner ON you know ;):D

Bodgy
12th August 2006, 10:24 PM
You look decidedly morose, Flowby. Maybe time to make a sanding table??? Invest in a DC? Or, at least, steal Her Indoor's vacuum cleaner?

Not to worry, a cleansing ale (or seven) will soon put u to rights.

echnidna
12th August 2006, 10:28 PM
Redgum sure makes nice furniture Rob,
Welcome to the Red Dust Club. :D

Iain
13th August 2006, 07:23 AM
A grottier shed than mine, didn't think it was possible:D :D :D

DanP
14th August 2006, 10:17 PM
A grottier shed than mine, didn't think it was possible:D :D :D

You've a long way to go yet grasshopper...:rolleyes: ;)

Billylad
14th August 2006, 11:00 PM
Flowboy,if you got cleaned up , nobody would reconize you anyway

tashammer
24th August 2006, 11:05 AM
If you will forgive the intrusion by a stranger, one suspects that if the dust was removed then the rest would fall to the ground in a million shards. And, did you notice the pipe in the hand that goes well with the welcoming grin? One suspects that this was one of those, "Oh come on, let's get it over with, you have been moaning about it for a week". "Don't wanna and i'll belt yer with me pipe if you make me!".

Carry Pine
18th September 2006, 09:30 PM
I have recently discoved the beauty of working with red gum but it's a dead give away when the wife comes home. "Been cutting up wood again?"
It was always a 50/50 chance of getting away with it when it was only pine.

Flowboy
18th September 2006, 09:42 PM
Hi Carry,

Wonderful timber to work with and complimentary to almost any design. But it does have a habit of getting everywhere. Shaved off a 3 day growth after a RG session and the water was pink! But if you think that's bad, try African Rosewood. You come out orange!!

Regards

Rob