PDA

View Full Version : Advertised prices

Waldo
16th August 2006, 12:33 AM
G'day,

Below is a link to 'Discounted Items' that Carba-Tec have on sale at the moment and I was having a look through it as there's some stuff that I'll be getting soon and it'll save me a bit of hard earned.

http://www.carbatec.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=specials&page=5&zenid=lis8boi3k0v7begjvvngnfs2o6

Anyway, have a look at the price of the Veritas #4 Smoothing Plane, $65! Ok, so we know it's a typo and when you click the link it shows the real price of $290 from $305. I reackon you should be able to get it for $65 even though we all know it's a stuff up in the typo, but it's advertised so I reackon you should be able to get it for that.

Anybody going to take them up on it? I'll give it a go when I visit the Melb' store soon, that is if they haven't fixed up the typo first.

floyd7
16th August 2006, 01:21 AM
waldo..on page 4 there is a 4-1/2 smoother for $67 down from $72
Next to that is a set of dovetail markers for $15..down from $10:eek:

boatchippy
16th August 2006, 01:23 AM
I worked in a large hardware store when I was a kid. By mistake I packed the $50 Eastwing hammers in the $9 'made in Taiwan' rack. A customer kicked up a stink when he thought he'd walk out with a bargain to be told otherwise, but eventually was let off the hook with eastwing hammer for 9 bucks.
Young Boatchippy got stern lecture from manager.:o

'The customer was always right' they used to say.