PDA

View Full Version : Help with installing oven

lockers
16th August 2006, 02:32 PM
Need some help guys with putting in a new oven. I know there are some kitchen people here so I was hoping they could help out. Our 3 hundred year old oven blew up and we have purchased a new one. The problem is that the old one is a large wall oven with a griller underneath where as the new oven is just your standard small griller inside model. The kitch seems to be a do it yourself job and I was wondering. I need to make a new front for the new oven to fit into. The old on looks to be just a board attached to the front of the box. What would be the best way to replace this, we are planning on upgrading the whole kitchen later.
1. Could I buy the timber and make it up myself (need type of timber required and where to buy it I'm in Canberra)
2. Have someone make the piece up for me Kitchen place or joinery or such.

Thanks for your help

arms
16th August 2006, 08:50 PM
1. Could I buy the timber and make it up myself (need type of timber required and where to buy it I'm in Canberra)
2. Have someone make the piece up for me Kitchen place or joinery or such.

if down the track means years then do it then ,cover the spaces with anything that will look good FOR THE MOMENT ,suffer the distain from friends as you know that it will be changed in the future,who but you will care really ,you are the ones living in the box not your friends, if what i can gain from your posting it is a really old ,tired kitchen so get some timber/lumber/whatever and fill the surrounds then take a door off the kitchen ,go to a paint shop that can scan samples ,buy a sample pot of the colour that the computer matchs and paint the surrounds with it Voila!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lockers
22nd August 2006, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the help arms. Went to magnet mart and they stock smartpac kitchens. I was lucky enough to be there when they had a oven box which was used for display purposes on sale for $40 which did the job perfectly just need a little bit of wood to cover the gaps at the top and bottom:)