PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your supplies from??

Strungout
20th August 2006, 02:14 PM
Where do you guys get your supplies from.:

I buy most of my wood from ANAGOTE at Marricville or from Gerard Gillet at Botany.

I have tried Trend at Windsor but they didn't really have the variety that ANAGOTE did.They also were a bit more expensive.

I get some of my Hardware from The Guitar Factory at Gladesville and what I can't get there I get from Stewmac in the US,which some times works out a bit cheaper.

I know Perry Ormsby over in Perth sells timber and hardware for guitars and Perry is very helpfull . His prices on pickups are pretty good as well.

boatchippy
20th August 2006, 02:24 PM
Gday

I buy most of my harware and parts from Stewmac and some stuff from Perry Ormsby. The Bassplayer in Sydney also get good prices on bass stuff.
Timber - anywhere, trend , private sellers and wood shows. Used to buy alot of stuff from anagote before they moved to marrickville, they had some really nice timber.
I use alot of Australian timbers such as blackwood, Q maple, black bean, silver ash and rose mahogany with brigalow and mulga for fingerboards.

Advance timbers on sunshine coast usually have good suppplies of these and I've just discovered a supplier of the more unusual species in Tiaro 2.5 hours North of Brissie.

Cheers

Phil Mailloux
20th August 2006, 10:54 PM
Hardware and building supplies from stewmac or lmii.com
I found Lazarides in Brisbane to be an amazing place for finding canadian maple, brazilian mahogany, wenge, purpleheart and tons of local wood. They let me go through their palets of wood for hours before I can choose one piece. Great service and amazing range.

kiwigeo
21st August 2006, 10:37 PM
Wow..I take off on holidays and get tied up with other things and when I come back theres a Musical Instrument Forum....Uuuuuuuu Beauuuuuut!!!

Cheers Martin