PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the shower

mikeyandmary
20th August 2006, 04:22 PM
Hi all,

We noticed while doing other work that the yellowtongue under the shower floor was significantly water damaged. We decided to replace the existing tiled shower with an acrylic shower unit. BTW we live in a 2 level/2 bed brick veneer/fibro townhouse.

We have removed the tiles, cement sheet and yellowtongue (i.e. we have frame joists and pipes in front of us). When replacing the yellowtongue, how do we replace/deal with the yellowtongue between the joists and the frame of the upper level?

The two options we came up with are to somehow lift the frame and push the new yellowtongue under (but how do we lift the frame). Or to leave the yellowtongue under the frame as is and bolt a piece of wood (say 100x50 hardwood) to the existing joist to support the new flooring.

Please help us!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Tools
20th August 2006, 05:05 PM
Just trim it out as you described.But my question is,what is the wall sitting on?

Tools

mikeyandmary
20th August 2006, 05:32 PM
The walls for the top level sit on the yellowtongue sheets. The joists are below the yellow tongue sheets. I have attached a picture that hopefully shows it.