PDA

View Full Version : WIP Money Box

Phil Spencer
21st August 2006, 04:55 PM
I decided that I need something bigger to keep my spare change. I think that this will do, the wood is Myrtle with a burll insert in the lid and Huon Pins stringing. All I have to do now is to sand it build a stand, I am in two minds whether to put a spline in the corners of the lid fit a plinth the lock and a tassilated key (always wanted a tassilated key):rolleyes:

floobyduster
21st August 2006, 05:59 PM
Nice looking box. How much loose change do you have? - looks big enough to be a treasure chest :D - you'd better keep the key in a safe place!

You saving up for some more tools?

Sculptured Box
21st August 2006, 06:02 PM
Phil

If you have that much change than perhaps you could share some of it around?

Nice looking box, looking forward to seeing the finished work.

Phil Spencer
21st August 2006, 06:18 PM
you'd better keep the key in a safe place!

Thats why I want a tassilated key!!!!:D

You saving up for some more tools

Planing to use the money for my next major purchase, the box mesures about 300 x 200 x 250

Phil

Harry72
22nd August 2006, 02:03 AM
Nice work.

"tassilated key" sure you dont mean Tessellated?
How would you make a key thats tessellated?

Tessellated= "In short, a tessellation is any repeating pattern of interlocking shapes. Tessellations are also sometimes known as tilings, but the word "tilings" usually refers to patterns of polygons (i.e., shapes with straight boundaries), which is a more restrictive category of repeating patterns." Capeash!

Phil Spencer
22nd August 2006, 09:23 AM
Nice work.

"tassilated key" sure you dont mean Tessellated?
How would you make a key thats tessellated?

Tessellated= "In short, a tessellation is any repeating pattern of interlocking shapes. Tessellations are also sometimes known as tilings, but the word "tilings" usually refers to patterns of polygons (i.e., shapes with straight boundaries), which is a more restrictive category of repeating patterns." Capeash!

No Harry I mean Tassilated : Hang a tassle off the key, Glad that I got a bite of some one.:)

Phil

Harry72
22nd August 2006, 10:09 PM
Ahhhhh you ment tassilated!

Phil Spencer
22nd August 2006, 11:37 PM
Ahhhhh you ment tassilated!

Yep, I like tassels:)