PDA

View Full Version : New Rotex just s**t itself

wormdrive
22nd August 2006, 05:12 PM
First it rattled, followed be acrid smoke.
Two weeks it'll take to be fixed.
Not happy Festool.

journeyman Mick
22nd August 2006, 11:09 PM
How old was it and had it done much work?

Mick

Flowboy
23rd August 2006, 05:49 AM
Hi Wormdrive,

Agree with Journeyman Mick, mine's 3 months old, works in excess of 20 hours a week and is a joy to use. However, if its under warranty and they still say 2 weeks repair time, contact the QC Manager at Festool Dandenong ( his name is Brett) and explain the situation you are in. If you need this to perform daily functions to generate your income, they may be able to help with a loaner. Dealers and people in Service (other than the Service Manager) can't make these decisions. But you must draw their attention to your displeasure if the service is to get better.

Good luck and hope this helps

Rob

wormdrive
23rd August 2006, 11:58 AM
Thanks Rob,

I spoke to the service department in Dandenong and was given the two weeks by them. I'll just use a belt sander and normal random orbit sander. They don't do loaners either. I always go out and get the latest and greatest and do recongnize the risks.

Got the v28 milwaulkee lithium ion and while it's an absolute precise and well built tool, it has the nasty habilt of draining the battery when it's not in use. A slow drain probably 6-8 hours. And I know it's not the battery because I've 3 other v28 tools. Because I bought these about 9 months ago off ebay US, I can't just pop them in for a warranty fix.

Mick,

Bought at the end of February this year. Light use, with the CT mini